Is there a Thanksgiving Rule for DO schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

picklelittle

Reaction score
I applied to 9 do schools. I have only been rejected from one. I know for MD schools if you do not get an interview invite by Thanksgiving then begin thinking about reapplying. However, DO schools go later than MD schools. When should I begin to worry about no II from DO schools.

Members don't see this ad.

My opinion is that you really have until end of the year. With winter holidays, filling spring interview dates will be a priority. You probably could hear in January/February but be ready for placing down deposits. Think about a reapplication in March though you might still hear by then.

Thank you Mr.Smile12. I will continue to wait and begin thinking about reapplying come March.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I did primaries in November, secondaries in Dec/Jan, interviewed at a few DO schools in Feb/March and got 4 As between April and June. You'll likely be waitlisted at the school you interview for, but just stick with it, there's a ton of movement in the late cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
I think only Incarnate would be willing to consider you at that GPA. VCOM has a 3.2 cut-off from what I last remember, and many of the other ones you applied to are the most competitive DO schools (CCOM looks for high MCAT scorers for example). Was the MBS a SMP?

I think only Incarnate would be willing to consider you at that GPA. VCOM has a 3.2 cut-off from what I last remember, and many of the other ones you applied to are the most competitive DO schools (CCOM looks for high MCAT scorers for example). Was the MBS a SMP?
We'll see. I'm currently not looking for advice. I got the answer I needed. If I don't get in by March then I'll talk to an advisor. I just wanted to know what the rule was for DO schools.

Des Moines, Rowan, PCOM, KCU, Incarnate, CCOM, Marian, Nova, VCOM
Why would you apply for these schools? You're not competitive at any. You might pull off UIW if you're from Texas, but that is about it. You should have applied to every DO school in the country or at least omit these big ones. At this point, I'd advise preparing to reapply

What is an MBS degree? The MPH is not going to help

Why would you apply for these schools? You're not competitive at any. You might pull off UIW if you're from Texas, but that is about it. You should have applied to every DO school in the country or at least omit these big ones. At this point, I'd advise preparing to reapply

What is an MBS degree? The MPH is not going to help
I am not going to give this a formal response. You don't know my story or my application. I am not sure why you felt the need to respond. As I stated previously, I will heed Mr.Smile12 advice. Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Is there a way to get a monitor to close this thread? I got the response needed. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.