Is there any IMG friendly EM/IM Programmes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DooooDeeee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an IMG, old grad, like 6 years ago, I was checking KINGS COUNTY SUNY DOWNSTATE website and found out they have never had an IMG, not even in the past 8 years, is the programme malignant? If yes, where should I look for IM/EM combined residency?
Thanks 😊

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup just IM, though if you want the soul suck of the ER, it is no longer competitive as a specialty and theyd welcome more slave labor for the machine.

I am an IMG, old grad, like 6 years ago, I was checking KINGS COUNTY SUNY DOWNSTATE website and found out they have never had an IMG, not even in the past 8 years, is the programme malignant? If yes, where should I look for IM/EM combined residency?
Thanks 😊
A 5 year EM/IM program is too much work unless you are having trouble matching IM. 2 years working for a pittance especially in NYC is not worth it.

I would recommend sticking to JUST IM.

I don't know what your scores are but your date of graduation is a key point but you have a higher likely of matching and interviewing with SOLID clinical experience in order to help back up a. commitment to specialty b. explaining being out of patient contact for the length of time you have.

The change to holistic review is going to help you but you definitely need to have at least 24 weeks of IM for your application.

- Jacquelyn

Last edited by a moderator: