Is there anything I can do to expedite my application process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HuskyUC

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick question I was sort of lost on:

I am taking my DAT in mid-July. So far for my application I have just had my transcripts sent to AADSAS from all my schools. In the process of obtaining my LoR's (I hate when Professors take forever to e-mail back :wtf:). I have also been making revisions to my personal statement and trying to get feedback from different sources. I know what I am going to fill in for the extracurriculars, pretty much just a more elaborated version of my CV.
Note: I will most likely be paying AADSAS to have my coursework filled in so that it will take less time, but even that will be done once my application is submitted.

I know that I can't submit my application without having all these components filled in to have my GPA verified. Is there something else I should do to expedite my application process so that I can have my application be submitted as soon as possible?

Members don't see this ad.

No, you CAN submit your application with LoR, transcripts and DAT. It just won't be sent until they are all in. What I would do is try to get transcripts in ASAP, forget the whole paying ADDSAS thing to fill in your grades and do it yourself, put UCONN on your list and put in the LoR you plan on getting in and submit. Your GPA would be verified in a week or two after your transcripts are in and assuming your LoR get back to syou soon, a few weeks after your DAT the ADDSAS would send your app out. Or you could just do this around the time you take your DAT (So you have a better idea of what schools to apply to) since the biggest wait will be the DAT processing. So I'd say submit and have everything in anytime from now until the time you take your DAT and that should be the quickest way to have everything done. Your longest hold up will be DAT processing.

No, you CAN submit your application with LoR, transcripts and DAT. It just won't be sent until they are all in. What I would do is try to get transcripts in ASAP, forget the whole paying ADDSAS thing to fill in your grades and do it yourself, put UCONN on your list and put in the LoR you plan on getting in and submit. Your GPA would be verified in a week or two after your transcripts are in and assuming your LoR get back to syou soon, a few weeks after your DAT the ADDSAS would send your app out. Or you could just do this around the time you take your DAT (So you have a better idea of what schools to apply to) since the biggest wait will be the DAT processing. So I'd say submit and have everything in anytime from now until the time you take your DAT and that should be the quickest way to have everything done. Your longest hold up will be DAT processing.

Thanks for the clarification. I currently have all the transcripts in and am just waiting on the letters. I know I can submit without the letters, but I am hesitant to submit because I'm still trying to squeeze some more shadowing in whilst my professor and dentist write my LoR. Would I still be able to update those parts of the application once I submit? According to what you're saying, would there be any negatives of just waiting until right after my DAT to submit? Since like you said, the DAT processing will take the longest.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the clarification. I currently have all the transcripts in and am just waiting on the letters. I know I can submit without the letters, but I am hesitant to submit because I'm still trying to squeeze some more shadowing in whilst my professor and dentist write my LoR. Would I still be able to update those parts of the application once I submit? According to what you're saying, would there be any negatives of just waiting until right after my DAT to submit? Since like you said, the DAT processing will take the longest.
The only thing you can update would be the schools you want to send your app to, some random address things, and that's about it. PS and your ECs are set in stone. I'd say just wait until after your DAT score to submit, that way you get to put in your extra hours, you have a full app to make an assessment on which schools to pick, and you'll have more time to update anything else on your app. In your situation there will be no downsides to submitting after your DAT, in fact it would probably be your best option. If you rock the DAT, boost your app from now tillyour DAT, I think it would help a lot on your application and you could still be early in depending on how long it takes the DAT to process. Assuming it takes a month, you would still be early!

Even taking your DAT when you are and the various processing times, your app will still be early. Don't stress about this, you are FINE!! Concentrate on your DAT and don't worry about some random date for getting your application in.

Thanks so much guys! I'm just going to focus on the DAT for now, after I'm done with that and all goes well, I will finish my application and submit that day! Great advice.