Is there anything like a fitness pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lsexie

Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if a position like this exists and is it possible? What would it involve?

Members don't see this ad.

Lol I don't think so. Are you talking about like nutritional supplement type stuff? I have a friend who got his phD from the pharmaceutical sciences branch of the pharmacy school and found his own company creating jello energy shots as a pre-workout formula for people who do mod/heavy exercise. I've never heard of anybody in pharmacy practice involved in that kind of stuff. I was also once researching sports medicine pharmacy, I think there is something but still not very prominent/minimal in the pharmacy community.

I have no idea what you mean by a "fitness" pharmacist, although this sounds like a specialty an independent pharmacy might delve into.

Members don't see this ad :)
You mean, like, a pharmacist that works out a lot?

I'd say it's a pharmacist that gets a personal training certificate and does personal training on the side. Or a pharmacist who works part time at GNC and educates the public about all the dietary supplements and lack of placebo controlled double-blind studies or basically any study demonstrating safety and efficacy for their products.

Reactions: 2 users
I was kind of kidding.

Reactions: 1 user
I was thinking more like an independent type of pharmacist that specializes in fitness and nutrition?

Yep. There's this jacked guy always trying to sell people test in the locker room. I'm assuming he's a fitness pharmacist.

Reactions: 2 users
I was thinking more like an independent type of pharmacist that specializes in fitness and nutrition?

Like a cross between a personal trainer and a dietician?

Maybe an independent pharmacy with a gym and juice bar in it? That sounds kind of fun actually

Trading oxy-seekers for clenbuterol-seekers.

I could see this sort of thing in Eastern Europe where steroids are acceptable. You'd have your whole inventory of vials of various anabolics, conveniently located in a gym.

If you just sign the loan promissory note you can do anything with a PharmD.