Is there anything wrong with calling a school by its shorthand in Secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1027718

So I noticed that for some of my secondaries (already submitted), I refer to them by shorthands

such as: UPSOM (university of Pittsburgh school of medicine) as "Pittsburgh", and Renaissance School of Medicine at Stony Brook University as "Stony Brook"
As in the "X program at Stony Brook", "Pittsburgh's devotion to X and Y"

Is that.... okay?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
As long as your abbreviation or shorthand is understandable to mean the school the secondary is being written for. I think calling the school by the wrong name would be harder to overlook. (Especially if you’re doing any copy and paste).

As long as your abbreviation or shorthand is understandable to mean the school the secondary is being written for. I think calling the school by the wrong name would be harder to overlook. (Especially if you’re doing any copy and paste).
Oh no I did not call it the wrong school, and yes it should be clear that the shorthand refers to the school!

So I noticed that for some of my secondaries (already submitted), I refer to them by shorthands

such as: UPSOM (university of Pittsburgh school of medicine) as "Pittsburgh", and Renaissance School of Medicine at Stony Brook University as "Stony Brook"
As in the "X program at Stony Brook", "Pittsburgh's devotion to X and Y"

Is that.... okay?
I’m sure it is fine. I see many schools refer to the schools in their abbreviated forms within their secondary prompts. I usually will use the full name of the school once and then abbreviate the schools’ names when I refer to them subsequently.