is this a deal breaker?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FlossFloss

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
8)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't it be relevant? You're GPA isn't dropping if you get the B-. Would it be better to get the A? of course, but at least you're staying above 3.0. Just try and get that B/B+.

Are you repeating a class you got an A- in?

Members don't see this ad :)
the lower your gpa, the higher your dat score needs to be

Why wouldn't it be relevant? You're GPA isn't dropping if you get the B-. Would it be better to get the A? of course, but at least you're staying above 3.0. Just try and get that B/B+.

Are you repeating a class you got an A- in?
no sir, the one I think I'll get an A in is a class I'm retaking from a long time ago. The other is an upper level science class, that I'm thinking I'll be getting a B or B- in..I'm really afraid right now because of the simple fact that I'm finishing weak with only two classes.. And my gpa was never really good any of my years except last semester. I'm just hoping that's not going to be an automatic deal breaker

but your gpa isnt, so you can still take more classes and get those A's

My bad I just read numbers for gpa and dat scores

no sir, the one I think I'll get an A in is a class I'm retaking from a long time ago. The other is an upper level science class, that I'm thinking I'll be getting a B or B- in..I'm really afraid right now because of the simple fact that I'm finishing weak with only two classes.. And my gpa was never really good any of my years except last semester. I'm just hoping that's not going to be an automatic deal breaker

Just try and finish as strong as you can. You obviously know that you're applying with below avg stats but I would still roll the dice, especially with your DAT. Just try and finish as strong as you can. Even ask the professor if theres any extra credit stuff you can do. Semester isn't over yet

Reactions: 1 user
a strong upward trend that averages 3.2 means alot more than getting 3.3 for all 16 semesters. there's no reason why you can't get straight A's in college with effort and dedication especially if you've got no significant extracurriculars going on.

Last edited:
You're fine. I had the same basic GPA and scores except a higher RC score on the DAT.
Assuming your sGPA is as high or higher than the GPA you listed, and you apply broadly you'll be fine.
When I applied broadly I received like 6 or 7 interviews.

Don't stress out too much. It really isn't as hard to get in as you'd think based on what you see in this forum.

Reactions: 1 user