Is this legitimate...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Columbia07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
or just ridiculous? I understand he probably obtained one of the degrees (either DDS or DMD) in Europe and the other in an ASPID program in the U.S., but is this legal to advertise TWO dental degrees? :rolleyes:

http://dentistinla.com/

Members don't see this ad.

or just ridiculous? I understand he probably obtained one of the degrees (either DDS or DMD) in Europe and the other in an ASPID program in the U.S., but is this legal to advertise TWO dental degrees? :rolleyes:

http://dentistinla.com/

doubt it's "legal." also, I love his viewpoint on amalgam...

So what do we do differently than most dentists ?

1) NEVER place amalgam fillings, as they contain over 50 % mercury.
2) Most people, especially ladies might know this from their reaction towards designer jewelry, have a allergy towards nickel and many dental alloys contain nickel, so we leave them out.
3) Match each person to the proper materials.
4) Removing old fillings have been proven to be releasing more mercury than during their many years of service in your mouth. So to remove them and other toxic materials, I use a special isolating dam which seals the entire oral cavity and only leaves the tooth to be treated outside the dam to be worked at. What that means for you is that the mercury will not be swallowed and the assistant will use her two powerful suction tools to suction all saliva and dental materials. Keep in mind that European dental studies have found significant higher amounts of mercury in saliva after you eat and especially after you eat hot meals. Some studies suggest that hot food releases mercury in your mouth. In Germany , where I practiced for many years, amalgam is not allowed on pregnant women and children under 9 years old. Although nobody of my dental colleagues made a connection when I left dental school in 1996, I was always the only one who always intuitively asked myself" what is not good for a pregnant women can not be good for a grown adult as well". And that is how I became more interested after dental school and invested time in learning about alternative ways.

Either way, dude sounds like a sketchball and would never encourage anyone to go to him.

Hup

It looks like English isn't his first language (from the general language and wording of the web site), and he may be presenting both to show people that they're equivalent. He didn't say DDS, DMD like he would if he was presenting TWO degrees. It says DDS/DMD. Very misleading, but he may have just been showing it's the same thing.

And yes, all his amalgam stuff just hurts us when we try to fairly educate patients about benefits and risks. *sigh*

Members don't see this ad :)
He makes the rubber damn sound like it's a magical device! lol

He does have this really fancy new technology called "loupes". Has anyone ever heard of these? He must be a great dentist/dentist!

He does have this really fancy new technology called "loupes". Has anyone ever heard of these? He must be a great dentist/dentist!

Things may be different from where he came from. They may not have the normal amenities of the Western world. Kinda like Borat.

His diagnosis seems to be a full mouth restoration with full veneers on everything. Come in to have a filling. Oh no! You have amalgam on your molars! We need to give you veneers on all your anteriors, stat!

"what is not good for a pregnant women can not be good for a grown adult as well"

That's some fine logic right there. I wonder if he ever sleeps on his back, or eats shellfish, or goes on roller coasters, etc. etc.

That's some fine logic right there. I wonder if he ever sleeps on his back, or eats shellfish, or goes on roller coasters, etc. etc.

Exactly! And since when are (most) pregnant women not "grown adults as well" ?? :laugh:

Hup

even more sketchy is DR KIM

she is a hygienist and a dentist????

WTF>?