Is this pushing it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bry2781

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have already made my plans for the summer working around one school's schedule. However, I was contacted by another school just last week which has orientation starting about a week earlier. My airline tickets have me coming home (if all goes well) at about 6 pm on a Thursday evening. Orientation begins at 730 am on Friday morning. It cant really get much closer than that. Is this cutting it too close, or do I just bite the bullet and be tired for the first day and rest up over the weekend?

Members don't see this ad.

How badly do you want to go to this other school? I would think that adrenaline alone would push you through the first day... :)

I would recommend putting on some most excellent BLINDSIDE music to get your juices flowing!!

Just suck it up bryan - get in at 6pm and you can still easily get 7 hours of sleep as long as you don't stay up all night talking to crazy italian girls on instant messenger.

Members don't see this ad :)
Consider it practice for your MS3 year.

Yeah, it's probably cutting it too close. 4 years of being at a school you prefer isn't worth it compared to being tired on the first day of orientation.

Orientation was a waste of time. e.g. Welcome to med school, feel free to doze off while we bore you to death. Now that I think about it, this is alot like lecture also. I wouldn't worry about it.

My God, doesn't anyone on this website know how to make their own damn decisions?

I'm not sure, should I have eggs and bacon on the morning of the MCAT, or would a Croissant and OJ be better for the test????

ken37 said:
My God, doesn't anyone on this website know how to make their own damn decisions?

I'm not sure, should I have eggs and bacon on the morning of the MCAT, or would a Croissant and OJ be better for the test????

(absolutely deadpan) If I were you, I would go with the eggs and bacon.

liverotcod said:
(absolutely deadpan) If I were you, I would go with the eggs and bacon.

**deadpan** Croissant and OJ are the obvious choices.....what kind of doctor will you be!?

thwz, are you insane? *everybody* knows that refined carbs will make lead to hypoglycemia and doldrums midway through Verbal :sleep: :sleep: !

liverotcod said:
thwz, are you insane? *everybody* knows that refined carbs will make lead to hypoglycemia and doldrums midway through Verbal :sleep: :sleep: !

Will adcomms view the bacon & eggs be as taking the easy way out?

liverotcod said:

"Everyone" knows that hypoglycemia is a fallacy and further the starch must be broken down to sugars, which will increase blood circulation. (This is where the average SDN personality gets really anal and indignant?. the epithets start flying) You are a *****?you meat eating freak?all that cholesterol will clog the arteries lowering the available oxygen supply to the brain.

Oh.... only a "*****" would want to eat eggs and bacon.....you're not a ***** are you?

gaf said:
Will adcomms view the bacon & eggs be as taking the easy way out?

Of course...."everyone" knows that.