Is this rationale to use this as the reason why you prefer a campus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cryhavoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at different campuses and I noticed that of all the campuses offered for third and fourth year, only one campus had a certain clinical elective I desired.

My question is, is this a rational reason to request you go to that campus?

I'm not sure how a school not having a clinical elective you want goes? If I didn't go to main but went to a branch campus that didn't have my elective, is there some way I could get that elective somewhere else? Or would the only way I could get that elective is to go to the campus that has it?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure you could petition to get that clinical elective at some off-campus hospital during 4th year...which elective is it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ummm...isn't that a core rotation at most med schools?

Reactions: 1 user
Oops! I just realized this. Pardon my ignorance!

Does having it as an optional clinical elective mean you learn more on top of what you learned in core?

Then what is the point of offering a clinical elective in a core course? If everyone is forced to take it, why have it offered as an elective at all?

Then what is the point of offering a clinical elective in a core course? If everyone is forced to take it, why have it offered as an elective at all?
It's not an elective dude...read the med school brochure

It is on the list marked "list of clinical electives" for the one school I am looking at. There has to be some reason it is there. What benefit would someone have for taking an elective in something that is core? Does it indicate an interest for that field in residency?

It is on the list marked "list of clinical electives" for the one school I am looking at. There has to be some reason it is there. What benefit would someone have for taking an elective in something that is core? Does it indicate an interest for that field in residency?

Ok now you are being obnoxious.

Your being irrational.
23837073.jpg

Oh, I get it now. Very apt avatar for what I suspect you're doing on this site.

Oh, I get it now. Very apt avatar for what I suspect you're doing on this site.

I hate when people make blatant spelling errors like that. Catalytic. You learn that word in 8th grade biology.