Is UOP The Stanford of Dental Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYDucks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been a long time lurker but this is my first time posting.

It seems like from my ADEA book and all of the "Dental School Rankings" that you need an insanely high DAT score to get into UOP and that they only interview a handful of applicants. If you get an interview, you're basically accepted.

It's like a rival to UCSF in the Bay Area so it makes me think that it's like the "Stanford of Dental Schools".

UOP and UCSF are my dream schools and I'm planning on applying next year. If I have a 21 Academic Average, a 22 Total Science, a 3.5 GPA, and a 3.45 science GPA, do I have a shot?

Members don't see this ad.

No. Your stats is average for both of these schools and it will give you a good shot, assuming everything else is good in your application.

UCLA is the Stanford of dental schools. UoP is more like UC Berkeley.

Members don't see this ad :)
is there a Cadillac of dental schools? what about a champagne of dental schools?

please answer so that i may revise my application strategy accordingly.

The reason the stats are higher is because they receive a large number of applications due to the 3 year program. It is also a great school, but being known as the only 3 year dental program helps.

is there a Cadillac of dental schools? what about a champagne of dental schools? please answer so that i may revise my application strategy accordingly.

:thumbup:.

As for me personally, I'd like go to a Disney Land of dental schools. Is there such a school like that?