Issues in Dentistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j66

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering what are some typical questions regarding issues concerning dentistry that a school might ask during the interview?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Dante,

Thanks a lot for the info about the questions. I had the same question for someone. I am just confused in one area, when you talked about them asking an illegal question about where else you applied. What is wrong with that, and how would you suggest someone to handle it? anyone please feel free to answer. thanks a lot.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Dante60:
Hi J66, check out this thread, where I posted a number questions I was asked:

http://www.studentdoctor.net/bbs/Forum9/HTML/000233.html

Cheers!
Dante.

Hi;

They are not actually allowed to ask stuff like that - why? I guess the most obvious answer to that would be that the dental schools aren't allowed to discriminate based on where you applied (and for that reason, they don't know where you applied).

Personally, I told them straight out about my other interviews. But I was careful not to indicate any kind of sway; I discussed the merits and shortcomings of the schools, and I avoided going into a great deal of detail.

I don't think there's a right way to answer the question, though. Just don't lie, and don't suck up, nor show any outright derision. I guess they want to see how you evaluated the schools you were at.

Anyone else have an opinion?