It has started... PGY3's in newest AJHP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lawyer vs pharmacist. The former, you have the option of being a criminal lawyer or a CRIMINAL lawyer. Hint: Better call Saul! (Breaking Bad Season 2)

You can't put a brilliant twist to a sentence with the word 'pharmacist.' It won't sound as cool.

Anyway: a rather recent career fair with guests from CVS and Wag's asked the students who, if any, were interested in a community residency. I was STUNNED to see the high number of hands raised. This begs the following questions:

(1) Are more and more current students becoming increasingly charitable with their time or lack sense of the real world, even common sense?
(2) Is community residency going to be the next "requirement" in obtaining a staffing position at Rite-Aid, CVS, Wag's when the number of graduates really rears its ugly head circa 2020?

employers are testing the water... Because they can...

sure when there are lots of people are applying for the same numbers of jobs, more sh*ts like community residency will happen...

these are caused by:

-people continuing to think that they are some special ducks who are immune to saturation and/or be able to beat everything and everyone else for the jobs

-schools, thus keep opening to capitalize on this "demands" and/easy student loans. Why not ??

this situation will stop only when there are enough schools pumping enough grads to bring the wage down to 20-30s bucks per hour and/or enough horror stories of people who owe 6 figure student loan debts (which can not be discharged even in case of bankruptcy) and cannot find a job in pharmacy to pay back loans just like those Caribbean med grads... It is sad but I really think that is the only way for this madness to stop...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
PGY3 what bullshyt.

I remember them telling the PGY2s at my residency that most of them were going to have to "settle"for jobs after their residency. Who wants to go through that after 3 years of cheap labor.

I did a PGY1 and one was a enough for me.

Reactions: 1 users
Somewhat off topic, but read this in the Times today:

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/12...nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&_r=0

Summary: law students are bargaining down tuition (with extra fin aid) and schools are starting to close (not many).

So far, no law schools have closed. 1 campus may have closed, but law schools are entrenching themselves for survival right now and no actual college has closed. Read this article on why it might be a very long time before any actual law school closes. As long as the government prints student loans, these schools aren't going anywhere. Pharmacy schools closing is a very long way away, unless the schools are new candidate schools.

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/11...ng-law-schools-are-kept-on-life-support/?_r=2

I

Reactions: 2 users