Its Crunch Time!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JKIM02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how many of you guys have already turned in your apps??
bravo:clap: if you have!
apparently one of my evaluators has dissapeared off the face of this planet and hasnt filled out my eval yet:smack:
Any last minute q that you guys have any trouble finding answers for?
I have 1... how far into the future do you put on vmcas...
ok i just realized how dumb that sounded but so far i only have fall 08. but some classes that are prereq's like nutrition I was planning on taking later so should i put all my classes until spring 09 on vmcas?
thanks in advance for any advice.:nod:

Members don't see this ad.

:clap: Done!! Let the waiting commense.....

I put my classes thru Spring 09, especially since I may be taking a pre-req (depends on if I get an interview)

Lucky Yoo! and congratulations!

Must feel incredibly nice...

one question.. how did you get the guts to finally say "im done.. there's nothing else I can add to this. just gotta turn it in."

I keep thinking that I need to change stuff. its driving me nuts!:boom:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, there were a couple of things I would have liked to change but they are not a big enough deal for me to worry much. I worked on it all summer so I could give myself enough time and still get it in a little early. I just kept hearing the horror stories about VMCAS going down right before the deadline and didn't want to even deal with that.

Plus I wanted to get it in before I started my first round of exams (which starts tomorrow, genetics Yuck!)

But up until this week, I was still debating on applying to more schools, I couldn't decide on Iowa but finally just decided against it and stuck with my 4 schools.

I'm re-taking the GRE on Monday--so the VMCAS is on hold 'til then. Hats off to you peeps who've already finished!! Wow!

Yeah, I am almost there, just doing a couple of final tweaks on my PS and trying to decide whether I want to apply to a 5th school (Illinois) or not. Since my grades aren't that hot, I know I should try for every school I can, but I am not really all that into Illinois and there is another essay on the supplemental. So maybe by the end of the weekend..??

I'm re-taking the GRE on Monday--so the VMCAS is on hold 'til then. Hats off to you peeps who've already finished!! Wow!

Yeah I took the GRE late too, Catnapper. Had to bump Illinois off my list bc they wont except scores taken after August 3oth.. booooooooo!

And Im also having issues with my ELORS....lets see, Ive had 2 people who didnt get the VMCAS email link and I had to call VMCAS and then one doc I asked to do a LOR back in April just got in touch with me to say that she would. :eek: Which means I CAN apply to NCSU and I havent even started those supplementals!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh! Every year its something. But hey what doesnt kill ya makes ya stronger...Right??

Just wanted to wish everyone working on applications, studying for the GRE, or writing countless essays good luck!

I'm really starting to feel the pressure of these supplementals... BUT WE'RE ALMOST DONE GUYS!

And Im also having issues with my ELORS....lets see, Ive had 2 people who didnt get the VMCAS email link and I had to call VMCAS and then one doc I asked to do a LOR back in April just got in touch with me to say that she would. :eek: Which means I CAN apply to NCSU and I havent even started those supplementals!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh! Every year its something. But hey what doesnt kill ya makes ya stronger...Right??

Aww man. that sucks. I hate it when that happens. My friends evaluator bailed out on her YESTERDAY!! :eek:(w/o writing an LOR) *sigh
Best of luck to everyone and I hope no misfortunes happen to neone from here on out:luck:

Aww man. that sucks. I hate it when that happens. My friends evaluator bailed out on her YESTERDAY!! :eek:(w/o writing an LOR) *sigh
Best of luck to everyone and I hope no misfortunes happen to neone from here on out:luck:

Man, that is just HARSH!! :bullcrap::thumbdown:

I have to wonder why an evaluator would bail on a student. (Granted I've been fortunate to receive a lot of recommendations from a whole slew of people over the years and I've never had someone flake on me.) I just wonder if these people are too busy to write...or whether they didn't want to/intend to write a letter in the beginning but for some reason said they would. I hate the idea of that possibility because I would so much rather have a person say "Sorry...I can't/won't." than agree to do it and really mess when your future when they bail. I feel sorry for all of you who have been put in that situation as it is not your fault (and not in your control).

Okay...enough complaining...I'm done now :)

Good luck, guys! I really hope you guys manage to get all your LORs in on time!