It's time to stop calling physician 'provider'.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Military hospital with a new emr (new as in built over the last few years). I don’t have a choice since I’m a med student lol. It’s ridiculous. The only saving grace is that thus far I have not seen a single NP misrepresent themselves at this facility.

May just be an access issue if they only have so many categories in which to place the employees, so rather than build a whole new branch for NP/PA they just tack them on to the doctors.

Still sucks though… Epic has separate categories

This language drives me and my partner nuts. We figure it won't be long before they want to change our white coats and badges accordingly.

"Hi, I'm Provider Mike. I'll be doing your surgery today."

It doesn't help when you hear the executive folks talking about the "consumer experience" and making it painfully clear we're a commodity.

Pres Gainey can suck it….

Members don't see this ad :)
Pres Gainey can suck it….

The whole point is that once you label everyone provider then they are interchangeable like a widget. every widget is now the same and if they are the same then it does not matter what widget you choose as they are all widgets.

Hospitals love to play off of patient's ignorance.

The NPs are listed as attending physicians in the EMR here. It’s the EMR build, not the hospital. They have big badges that say NP or Nurse Practitioner on them.

They need a badge with a Surgeon General's warning on them.

Reactions: 2 users
Posting this here because... wow

This is why no one should see an NP, ever.

I would even argue that second year medical students are "more qualified" to practice medicine than they are. Almost every NP I have seen as a patient did not understand basic principals of medicine and even confused common drugs like Prilosec and Zantac.

Reactions: 1 user