January 11, 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chr147

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've decided to start studying for the MCAT tonight...lol (am I crazy?) what do you guys think...

I am currently in Physics 2, and I dont remember a thing from Ochem...but I have to take it. Is it doable?

Chris

Members don't see this ad.

You have 3 solid months so as long as you did fairly well in the prereqs and you can spend at least 10 hours a week on MCAT you should be fine.

You have plenty of time. I just started also and prob wont spend too much time per week sttudying since we have like 4 months. This is really really early to start, but its good to start now so we wont have to spend the entire spring indoors studying.

Chris,
I just got back from the library after my first mcat study session (physics, I took it 2 years ago and am now starting from scratch). Well anyways just wanted to let you know other people are in your boat. It's DEFINITELY not too late to start studying, personally, If I had started any earlier I would have forgotten it all by 4/22. Do you have a study schedule put together or are you just kind of winging it? well, good luck with ur studies

Members don't see this ad :)
I also just started studying. I havent taken physics or o chem since last spring so I think that the extra review will help. Besides, once school starts you will have enough to worry about aside from MCAT. Lastly, towards the end it's all practice, practice, and more practice so the sooner you finish going over the material, the sooner you can have a close estimation of how you will do on the real thing.

Good Luck!
:luck:

Hey guys
thanx for the quick reply. well, i did OK in my courses..took ochem and bio in 2003...so basically dont remember squat... i will try my hardest though. Im currently in physics right now so that will still be fresh

glad to hear that im not in the same boat. Anyone register for April yet? I just registered a sec ago, and tried to log back in to check, and it says "the record has already been submitted"...what's up with that?

Thanks guys

Chris

Chr147 said:
Hey guys
thanx for the quick reply. well, i did OK in my courses..took ochem and bio in 2003...so basically dont remember squat... i will try my hardest though. Im currently in physics right now so that will still be fresh

glad to hear that im not in the same boat. Anyone register for April yet? I just registered a sec ago, and tried to log back in to check, and it says "the record has already been submitted"...what's up with that?

Thanks guys

Chris

Ive got to wait a week or two to get paid enough to register but I've got everything filled out just waiting to submit. Man, I've got to drive 3 hours to my test site, this sucks. Anyone else have this long of a drive to their test site?

I did my registration yesterday for the april 2006 mcat! I am going to CSULA in Los Angeles, CA. About 10 minutes from home ;) any comments on this place to take the mcat? :thumbup:

BrettBatchelor said:
I have heard some bad things about my local test site, so I am thinking of driving and staying at a hotel.

What did you hear about your test site ? how did you get that info...is the test taking location important? ..i know when it comes to the dmv , location is important..so i want to know how to avoid possible danger zones.

I started monday.....not really getting a lot accomplished, although I do have a schedule (trying to use a combo of tpr, kaplan and ek). I think it is totally doable, you have like 4 months before the test....

About registration, I am going to wait till mid feb. to register...I seriously doubt that the test centers will be full by then, and I will at that time know how the studying is going and will be able to make a better decision as to whether taking it in april is better or waiting till august (Im pushing toward april since I will be applying this summer) :)

Pipacus said:
What did you hear about your test site ? how did you get that info...is the test taking location important? ..i know when it comes to the dmv , location is important..so i want to know how to avoid possible danger zones.
Kaplan site Rater. You can search on here or the Kaplan site for it.

Well my school (testing site) has a train route and airport very close and the desk are somewhat small especially for a lefty like myself.

im hoping to start studying TOMORROW...and although u all started posting like a week ago, it just seems like I am really behind...ugh...mcat stress is approaching

thadarknyte said:
im hoping to start studying TOMORROW...and although u all started posting like a week ago, it just seems like I am really behind...ugh...mcat stress is approaching

Study tonight instead ;)

BrettBatchelor said:
Check the Kaplan Site Rater.
I have looked all over the Kaplan site and cannot find the site rater...do you have any direction for me?

Marcia

BrettBatchelor said:
I have heard some bad things about my local test site, so I am thinking of driving and staying at a hotel.

I had a lot of friends who decided to stay at hotel and take it elsehwere. Its not a bad idea.