JAOA: Osteopathic Manipulative Medical Assistant: A Proposed Allied Profession

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hahahaha I’ve seen it all, mid levels trying to get into the OMM/NMM game ahaha, just go to chiropractor school bruh

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hahahaha I’ve seen it all, mid levels trying to get into the OMM/NMM game ahaha, just go to chiropractor school bruh
It’s not necessary. Now we can finally improve access to underserved areas in desperate need of cranial thanks to this proposal to close the gap between NPs and bone wizards.

but for real, are mid levels gonna start dissecting carotid w cervical hvla and make us take liability for that now?

Reactions: 4 users
This journal is the biggest joke. When I was a resident, we submitted a legit orthopedic study to them for publication and they outright rejected it, but they publish bull**** like this on monthly basis.

Reactions: 7 users
The irony is that an MD wrote this letter.

Reactions: 5 users
This journal is the biggest joke. When I was a resident, we submitted a legit orthopedic study to them for publication and they outright rejected it, but they publish bull**** like this on monthly basis.
Did you leave out the lEgItAmAcY of cranial. Shame shame

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Did you leave out the lEgItAmAcY of cranial. Shame shame

Lol. The reviewer ( and there was only one reviewer) was some family med type from small town community who had some favorable comments but ended his review with “while this is an original study, but not revolutionary that will change standard of practice.” Editor decided to reject it, I am guessing for other revolutionary studies that did change standard of practice.

Our team uses the JAOA as the last ditch journal submission to get something published lol

A$ for thi$ new po$ition, I can definitely $ee the need for a$$i$tant$ of thi$ caliber.

Lol. The reviewer ( and there was only one reviewer) was some family med type from small town community who had some favorable comments but ended his review with “while this is an original study, but not revolutionary that will change standard of practice.” Editor decided to reject it, I am guessing for other revolutionary studies that did change standard of practice.

does anything in joaoa change standard of practice lol

• Haha
The doctor writing the article has an interesting background to say the least.

• Haha
Does he actually practice medicine?
He has not started or completed a residency. He obtained his PHD 5+ years after completing his MD degree from a different school.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
JAOA is not a legitimate academic journal. It is a propagandizing arm of the AOA. That’s all it ever has been, and that’s all it ever will be.

Hahahaha I’ve seen it all, mid levels trying to get into the OMM/NMM game ahaha

If mid-levels want to take OMM, they can have it.

JAOA is not a legitimate academic journal. It is a propagandizing arm of the AOA. That’s all it ever has been, and that’s all it ever will be.

If mid-levels want to take OMM, they can have it.
Cna can have it as far as I’m concerned. Chiros already do it so anyone can

• Haha
Lol why open OMM assistant programs. Just let all of the DOs that failed to match due to school expansion be the OMM assistants.

• Haha
Lol why open OMM assistant programs. Just let all of the DOs that failed to match due to school expansion be the OMM assistants.
Let them be chiropractors lawl or at least np or pa since pretty much any med school grad >>>> np or pa or chiro or pharmlawlcist

• Haha