Jefferson DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yezziree

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I was recently waitlisted for an interview at Thomas Jefferson. Does anyone have any insight into how often they pull people of their waitlist for an interview? Or has anyone in the past eventually been pulled of and then accepted? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hi! I was not on the waitlist for an interview, just invited initially, but when I did mine, they said decisions would be staring to roll out this week (starting Oct 18th). So I'm not sure what that means for the interview waitlist, but I'd assume that since there's some movement on decisions, there might be some movement on the interview waitlist. :)

Hey everyone! I was recently waitlisted for an interview at Thomas Jefferson. Does anyone have any insight into how often they pull people of their waitlist for an interview? Or has anyone in the past eventually been pulled of and then accepted? Thanks!
when did you apply?

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you apply?

hi! I was not on the waitlist for an interview, just invited initially, but when I did mine, they said decisions would be staring to roll out this week (starting Oct 18th). So I'm not sure what that means for the interview waitlist, but I'd assume that since there's some movement on decisions, there might be some movement on the interview waitlist. :)
when did you initially apply?

Update: just received my acceptance overnight on 10/26!!!! Not sure if I will be putting in a deposit but it’s my first acceptance and I’m SO excited!

Update: just received my acceptance overnight on 10/26!!!! Not sure if I will be putting in a deposit but it’s my first acceptance and I’m SO excited!
Congrats on your acceptance! I have an interview with them coming up. Would you be able to give advice on how I should prepare for it? What kind of questions did they ask? TIA!

Congrats on your acceptance! I have an interview with them coming up. Would you be able to give advice on how I should prepare for it? What kind of questions did they ask? TIA!
thank you!! and congrats on your interview! They started with a presentation from a faculty member about the program/school/curriculum and then we split into small breakout rooms for the smaller group interview part. I believe that was about 4 candidates and one faculty member per breakout room. The faculty member asked us each individual questions, so you can't think of your answer to the question while someone else is answering, because all the questions were different. They seemed to be grouped by similar topics though - I was picturing that the faculty member had a list of broad topics and then questions under each topic. For example, he asked us all a question about dealing with adversity/challenges in some way, all of us had a question about diversity, etc. So be thinking about the topic in general while others are talking! Definitely think about diversity before interviewing and what that means to you because they seemed to emphasize that. The faculty member I interviewed with was great and all of the faculty were joking around and seemed happy and excited to talk to us, so that definitely helped with the nerves! You don't need to study up on Jefferson before the interview, they're not going to test your knowledge about the school or ask why Jefferson (at least they didn't in my interview). Plus, there's a presentation (like I said above) before the interview part so if you have any questions they'll probably be answered then. You're going to do so well, good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user