Jesuit universities - Marquette, Regis, etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunchariot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to know what difference it makes whether or not a school is Jesuit or non-affiliated. I am not religious whatsoever but am interested in getting the best DPT education possible. I hear great things about Regis, Marquette, and others, but wonder if they would be a good fit due to their religious affiliation.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

i think its basically meaningless in grad school. i went to a jesuit undergrad and considered applying to a few jesuit schools, thinking i may have an increased chance of getting in with that connection. decided against it because i wasnt really interested in any of the programs.

at any rate, the relgious affiliation has no impact on the learning aspect of grad school. its a pretty rigid curriculum designed by the APTA.

I'll be attending Creighton's program starting in August and although the program itself is not religious, a lot of the aspects surrounding it are. For example, two credits every semester is for professional development (basically community service, which falls under core Jesuit values). The things that are expected of us are not religious based but follow the main concepts of what one would assume comes with a religious school. I haven't attended a faith affiliated school yet but I get the feeling that you are held to higher standards (just my opinion from comparing my undergrad to what is expected at Creighton). As far as best education, it doesn't matter religion. I think the whole religious thing is more important in determining the type of environment and people you surround yourself with.