JHU MHS Degree Requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeurosciTMS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any courses that are required for me to take during my undergraduate education in order to apply to the MHS degree program in epidemiology at JHU? I am sort of confused by the information given on the JHU website.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

it's going to be a lot of math and statistics, basically. if your school offers any epi classes, i'd take them. im at JHSPH now, but not in epi, so take my advice knowing that

Are there any courses that are required for me to take during my undergraduate education in order to apply to the MHS degree program in epidemiology at JHU? I am sort of confused by the information given on the JHU website.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You should just call the admissions office directly if you're not clear on their requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys, I called the admissions department some time ago and they told me that I was eligible to apply since I went through the premed curriculum.

I'm a first year ID epidemiology MHS student, if you have any questions. It's a kind of intense program, what with finals or midterms every three weeks, but you learn a lot.

it's going to be a lot of math and statistics, basically. if your school offers any epi classes, i'd take them. im at JHSPH now, but not in epi, so take my advice knowing that
What dept are you in now? I was just accepted to the MPH program - full time

i'm in molecular microbio and immunology
Hello,

I'm interested in the MMI's MHS. I wanted to ask for your advice. I'm a postbac w a Ba in psych/premed. My cGPA was 3.12 which is why I'm seeking a masters that will enhance my application to med school. Could you tell me how you like the program? What your stats were? Are you premed? What your ps was like? I have my ps but it directed towards why I want to go into medicine.
Thanks