job excuses when you need to go for interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dippedindettol

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im sure the being sick excuse is not gonna work since im applying to like 10 schools. lol anybody have any good ones? and no i would rather not tell them im planning on going to dental school cus uhhh yeah

Members don't see this ad.

dippedindettol said:
im sure the being sick excuse is not gonna work since im applying to like 10 schools. lol anybody have any good ones? and no i would rather not tell them im planning on going to dental school cus uhhh yeah

tell em u will be getting various job interviews which requires extensive traveling
it reminds me of that one commercial...

dippedindettol said:

don't you have sick/personal days??

Members don't see this ad :)
dippedindettol said:

just sit down with your boss with all the letters from the schools and tell him, these are the days i need off or half off. seriously as long as you don't work on a assembly line im sure he won't have a problem, or atleast not be too upset to fire you. :thumbup:

the thing is.. im just ABOUT to start the job lol so the problem is gonna be like hey this guy jsut got the job, hes taking so many days off. well see i guess when the time comes lol

i just told the truth, no big deal.

I have been very honest with my employers up to this point, but this whole process of attending application workshops, taking classes, shadowing, and now taking the DAT has really killed my vacation time.

If I get 3 interviews I plan on taking vacation on two of them and calling in sick for one.

Tell them you're contesting paternity, a process which will involve multiple lab visits, attorney office vists, and court dates with little or no notice. This may require time off with little notice. Due to the sensitive nature of the issue, you're in therapy and have been told by your therapist it's best not to discuss the matter unless absolutely necessary.

reapply2007 said:
Tell them you're contesting paternity, a process which will involve multiple lab visits, attorney office vists, and court dates with little or no notice. This may require time off with little notice. Due to the sensitive nature of the issue, you're in therapy and have been told by your therapist it's best not to discuss the matter unless absolutely necessary.

hhaha ACE!

reapply2007 said:

Hehehe, but then they'll just fire you for not coming up with a better excuse! :)

I like that one.

I only applied to 3 schools and went to 2 interviews...both on Fridays. I had been working for only a month, and had to call in sick. They might have fired me if I had done it more than twice.

Do you really think you're going to go to 10 interviews? I would try to limit it to about 5.. and see how it goes from there.

After reading this thread it makes me want to call in sick too.

When I quit my job I get paid for all remaining vacation time, but nothing for extra sick time.

Just tell them you are going to see the dentist :)

I know, I know a lame post. Just could not help it.

tell them your crohns is flaring up, no one wants that business in their employee jon :laugh: