Other OT-Related Information Jobs during OT program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gOT2beOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
For those of you who held a part time job in addition to completing your program, would you mind sharing what you did? Also, how many hours were you able to work comfortably while doing well in your programs?

I am trying to plan wisely for the future and see what options or ideas are out there!
Thank you:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have work study in the OT department plus I work 6 hours/week babysitting.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm staying per diem as charge nurse at the dialysis center I'm currently employed at

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in a hybrid program, so it was easier to work. I did the whole nannying/babysitting thing, and taught music classes on the weekends. Keep in mind that once you are in Level II fieldwork, that's full time, so you won't be able to work much at all during that time (pretty much only weekends as long as your sites don't require weekend hours). That's 6 months of drastically limited earning ability, so plan wisely.

I am working as a substitute teacher! It's very flexible with my schedule because I choose the days I want to work.

Hello!
For those of you who held a part time job in addition to completing your program, would you mind sharing what you did? I am trying to plan wisely for the future and see what options or ideas are out there!
Thank you:)

Bartender working Fri/Sat nights, baby sitter, ride sharing and for the school.

Last edited:
No one works in my full time program.. at least not during the first semester. The time spent in class/ studying basically takes up all our time.