Jobs opportunities after DDS/DMD ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it true that an international graduate who does DMD/DDS say from NYU can apply to only a few states ? One of my concerns is that every state has it's own criteria if you plan to move after you graduate. It can be a problem if your spouse applys for a job. Looks like there are only few states where international graduates can practice dentistry.
Please enlighten me.
Thanx

Members don't see this ad.

idg said:
Is it true that an international graduate who does DMD/DDS say from NYU can apply to only a few states ? One of my concerns is that every state has it's own criteria if you plan to move after you graduate. It can be a problem if your spouse applys for a job. Looks like there are only few states where international graduates can practice dentistry.
Please enlighten me.
Thanx

IDG ,
if you enroll in a advanced standing program for DDS in an american school and recieve your dds from that school you are eligable to work in any state around the USA as long as you pass the regional board for that area .
the regional boards are exams that cover several states and allow you to practice in any of those states .

there are i think 4 regional boards in the usa that cover the whole USA

please corrct me anyone if i'm wrong .

Advanced standing program for international dentists vary from 2-3 years depending on the school that you get acceptance at .

take care and good luck
MTJ

Members don't see this ad :)
We need after getting the DDS/DMD a sponsorship frome either a private clinic or the institution we plan to work with to get the H1-B working visa.

I figure that unless I want to do a specialty I can apply for a job to any place which sponsors H-1 visas.
idg
MTJ said:
IDG ,
if you enroll in a advanced standing program for DDS in an american school and recieve your dds from that school you are eligable to work in any state around the USA as long as you pass the regional board for that area .
the regional boards are exams that cover several states and allow you to practice in any of those states .

there are i think 4 regional boards in the usa that cover the whole USA

please corrct me anyone if i'm wrong .

Advanced standing program for international dentists vary from 2-3 years depending on the school that you get acceptance at .

take care and good luck
MTJ

i want to ask whether it is easy to get a job on h1 after graduating or do we have to stuggle for tht?
also do u know how pay we get initially, in general, regardless of the place we r in?