Johnson city md/do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waspahh33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on this program at all?

Members don't see this ad.

Bro.

Dat avi.

Do you even lift?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone comment on this program at all?
Glad you asked.. I am PGY-1 at this program. I came to this program as a DO looking for a combined residency that offered MD/DO paths. Once I graduate I will take both the ABFM(md) boards and osteopathic boards. The benefit of combined program for me is that I will have the opportunity to moonlight(doing OMT) and enhance or maintain my osteopathic skills. Program has 9-10 first year residents, 50% MD and 50% DO.
1) Very Strong inpatient/hospital or medicine rotations. For Inpatient we admit patients of 2 very large family medicine groups in the community and work with attending from those groups inpatient.

3) Strong pediatrics(we rotate in nursery and NICU with pediatric hospitalist and neonatologist. Outpatient pediatrics has room for improvement.

4) Obgyn rotation you don't have much of responsibility as a resident, but if you are involved there is great volume of deliveries. On my rotation on any given day there was an opportunity to participate in at least one vaginal delivery daily and almost every day I would start off with at least two c-sections.

5) Clinic support staff is great and the clinic itself is associated/attached to the hospital. We can admit people from clinic to our hospital if there is a need.Very progressive philosophy (Feedback Friday involves every one from the clinic Qfriday and addresses concerns as they arise.

6) Sports medicine and geriatrics fellowships. Acupuncture certification. OMT(Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine clinic)

7) UHS is very large local organization that has family medicine Clinic in Johnson city(Binghamton) and many clinics in the surrounding towns/communities, including multiple hospitals, hence great opportunity to stay in the area to practice after graduation and potentially be employed by a hospital.
8) Ample opportunity to attend either family medicine lectures or Internal medicine Residency lectures(which ever you find interesting)
8) Room for improvement- outpatient pediatrics and EMR system.

The OP was referring to ETSU Johnson City family med in TN. The above poster must be describing another program I a different Johnson City because that is not an accurate description of ETSU JC.

The OP was referring to ETSU Johnson City family med in TN. The above poster must be describing another program I a different Johnson City because that is not an accurate description of ETSU JC.
Yea....that same post is exactly the same minus some other info in a post in another thread about a different program. Sketchy.

Last time I checked ETSU (all 3 campuses) does not have a sports medicine fellowship. The post above must be describing Johnson City, NY.

Last time I checked ETSU (all 3 campuses) does not have a sports medicine fellowship. The post above must be describing Johnson City, NY.

This. The same post was made in another thread referring to Johnson City in New York.