Journey Through Boards (NBDE 1)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mzalendo

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, it sucks. I mean, there's just no getting around it or sugar-coating it. Studying for part 1 just plain sucks. It takes over your life for at least a month. But if you're already stressing this much, I guarantee you'll do fine.

I feel for you. Boards suck like nothing else. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But I'm impressed you're starting so early. With 2 months you should have plenty of time. Don't kick yourself for not starting before January. That's just silly and a bit overkill IMO. Everyone I know of who did well started in May/June. You'll do fine. (Feels nice saying that looking back)

Members don't see this ad :)
Chill, you'll do fine. palpitations in abundance?!? wtf...?

It seems like you are on a good path. DO not worry about what other people are making. Just stick w/ you plans and goal and do not change it. You know what you can do better than anyone else. So if you made a plan that you think is adequate for passing the boards, then just stick w/ it. I am sure you will do fine so best of luck and try not to let the stress overcome you.

After a while, take a practice (old) test. If you're doing okay, I'd stick with the paper format. At least you know it's not going to change dramatically this yr.

mzalendo. Thanks for sharing.

mz, first off, where do you go to school?

Secondly, I think you need to take a break and relieve some stress...go out with some ladies and have some fun.

Who needs to go out with the ladies, when you can spend the evening with your beautiful, buff, and highly intelligent self.

Narcissism at its finest. Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

mzalendo said:
Things slowed down a little bit. So much in part due to the fact that I have a radiology comprehensive final that will entail 38 slides of describing any pathology and providing five differentials. Not as simple as it sounds. I've also had a very strange 5 days. Besides the routine board issue the whole extra attention I've been receiving from the ladies is very peculiar, mind you I hardly look at a mirror. My grooming lately is basically restricted to cleanliness but hardly entails being tidy. Its funny the ladies have chosen board time to ask me out, buy me drinks, wanna go dancing, I just broke up with my boyfriend give me a call, I just found out that the girl who serves me coffe at starbucks has created three very detailed drawings of me and knows my scheduled arrival time down to the second. I've got extra tickets to this play and I was figuring........ jeeez great timing. Two nights in a row I've had tipsy first years knocking on my door and asking for petty stuff like "post its" at 2 am in the morning now common. Regardless I have been on the best of behavior. I WILL NOT SUCCUMB TO THE PRESSURE( Honestly I really wish I could, although the starbucks thing is a little scary)
On a serious note I scheduled my first paractice exam for May 22nd. I will be taking a full practice exam every after three days as from May 30th. It also seems that I am about 90% sure that I will be taking the paper exam. Tommorow I have waxing and case presentations with third years. For those who start waxing earlier (before second year) it is 10 times better than studying for boards.
63 days to boards

Are you sure you are not a MD student? I mean a full practice exam every three days?? I think if I had that schedule... by the time the board came around... i'd be burnt out from all of the iatrogenic-induced anxiety.

Treatment of choice??

Pint of Bass at the local pub.... remember, there is a life outside of dental school :)

mzalendo said:
Besides the routine board issue the whole extra attention I've been receiving from the ladies is very peculiar, mind you I hardly look at a mirror. My grooming lately is basically restricted to cleanliness but hardly entails being tidy. Its funny the ladies have chosen board time to ask me out, buy me drinks, wanna go dancing, I just broke up with my boyfriend give me a call, I just found out that the girl who serves me coffe at starbucks has created three very detailed drawings of me and knows my scheduled arrival time down to the second. I've got extra tickets to this play and I was figuring........ jeeez great timing. Two nights in a row I've had tipsy first years knocking on my door and asking for petty stuff like "post its" at 2 am in the morning now common...

Yeah right, Pinocchio.

Keep studying and leave the fiction writing to JK Rowling...

Good luck studying Sampeter Odera!

well, I haven't started studying for boards just yet, perhaps today will be the day to start. Good luck with your studies, mz, good to hear/see from you again. Best of luck - feel free to swing some tips my way if you happen to get a chance. I'm planning to hit some review books, decks, old tests. the usual routine it seems from browsing around these virtual aisles...

lates