JPME1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

histo-95

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

I tried searching for posts about Joint Professional Military Education (JPME) phase 1, but they were quite old. I was wondering if anyone knew if JPME1 completion or non-completion had any impact on O6 promotion, particularly in the USN (MC promotion board).

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Greetings,

I tried searching for posts about Joint Professional Military Education (JPME) phase 1, but they were quite old. I was wondering if anyone knew if JPME1 completion or non-completion had any impact on O6 promotion, particularly in the USN (MC promotion board).

Thank you!
They say it does and that it is supposed to be more “required” going forward but I have known plenty of people that have promoted without it so take that for what you will.

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s not required for Navy, but it’s usually at least mentioned in the precept. For other corps it’s pretty much mandatory, for Medical Corps it’s probably not going to be the thing that gets you selected, but could be a determinant if you fall into the crunch. Right now if you have EPs going into the board it probably isn’t necessary. If your have MPs it could be helpful, but there are likely more important things in your record.

Reactions: 1 user
Take my viewpoint with a grain of salt because I’ve never at on a board and also not up for O6 yet, but JPME is one of the few specific items that’s specified in the past few year’s convening orders. Almost all others things in the convening order are vague to make determination of what the promotion board is looking for.

Exactly what @backrow said, does it matter for Medical Corps if you have above RSCA and straight EPs? Probably not. But anyone else? Couldn’t hurt.