Jury awards patient $500k after anesthesiologist mocked him

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
POY4S.gif

Reactions: 1 user
It seems like his colonoscopy left him a little...
hqdefault.jpg

...butthurt.

Seriously though, I'm all for this ruling. Going under and recording all of that, the guy's probably going to spend the rest of his life afraid of having medical procedures performed care of the humiliation received. This level of disrespect for the patient is just astounding.

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like his colonoscopy left him a little...
hqdefault.jpg

...butthurt.

Seriously though, I'm all for this ruling. Going under and recording all of that, the guy's probably going to spend the rest of his life afraid of having medical procedures performed care of the humiliation received. This level of disrespect for the patient is just astounding.

I think this sets a bad precedent for the future. There was no malpractice commited here and he recorded her without consent. I think this will lead to people trying to record everything in the future looking for a payday. I don't agree with what the anesthesiologist did and I think it was unprofessional, however, a 500k award for this is ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.