Just a heads up - your "fellowship bonus" might not even be real

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anesussy

i'm gonna smesh ur boi guys
Removed
Reaction score
Just saw two separate job postings for the same hospital by the same org - one for general and one for peds anesthesiology.

Peds was 425k + 25k "fellowship bonus"

General was 450k straight up

Just lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just saw two separate job postings for the same hospital by the same org - one for general and one for peds anesthesiology.

Peds was 425k + 25k "fellowship bonus"

General was 450k straight up

Just lol
It is hilarious. The only question I would ask is are the work days/call schedules different, ie "25k worth lighter" for the peds people.

Reactions: 1 user
Hold ur horses. Many peds especially academic places are different schedules. The peds academics guys usually done by 3pm and only the doc left and he was done by 5pm most days on beeper the rest.

So per hour the peds guys may be getting a better deal and less calls/beeper vs in house.

Everything is relative to work load/pay/hours

Reactions: 2 users
Exactly. If that fellowship gives you a much cushier gig (i.e. only staffing a light peds room then being done at noon, less crappy in-house call) that is worth it's weight in gold. Securing a lifetime cushy decent-paying gig can't be underestimated. No one wants to hustle for their entire career.

Reactions: 2 users