Just curious about UT-Houston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smileyfaceschoolkid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if people actually have got in to UTSD(Or at least an interview) with a ~3.3 GPA, 19 AA? I know the stats are low, but just curious if it can actually happen. Really awesome personal statement, nice extracurriculars, 100+ volunteering, 150+ shadowing, research, historian at my pre-dental organization, worked as an assistant for 2 years.

I've looked into all the "STATS books" and all, I know the school has a high GPA acceptance rate, but I'm still curious if anyone knows if people with my stats have actually maybe received an interview/acceptance from UT-Houston. Or even, any of the Texas Dental Schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Overall 3.37 gpa, BCPM 3.25, DAT 20 AA and I've got a lot of extra curriculars. I submitted in June and I am currently going to interview with Dallas and San Antonio in August and September

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Idk about Houston tho or when I'll hear from them

Members don't see this ad :)
Several leadership positions such as resident advisor for my university , asda officer, church group leader, and within those activities I took advantage of lots of community service events and volunteering

I definitely know people with your stats that are D1s, pretty sure someone has made an 18 too. UTSD is really great at looking at an applicant overall and not just statistics. I wouldn't worry, with all your extra curricular activities you should be fine