just for fun

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ihatethisproces

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
this little first year med student has made quite a successful website (100,000 hits/month + tons of advertising) about cosmetic derm.

http://www.futurederm.com/

check it out. It's actually pretty impressive. I was too busy desperately studying for my classes first year to be managing something like this on the side.

What do you think? :thumbdown:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

It is very impressive.

Sadly, she will place it on her resume and there are some programs that will scrawl her off the list because she has expressed an interest in cosmetics. Fair? No. Going to happen? Probably.

It is a very impressive page. I've learned quite a bit just browsing through it!

:laugh:
from her "about" page:

In my spare time, I like spending time with family and friends and little dog Emmie, reading, running, Pilates, shopping (shoes and purses are favorites, besides skincare and books!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely impressive, but a little nutty, no?
A bit much, I'd say.

Sadly, she will place it on her resume and there are some programs that will scrawl her off the list because she has expressed an interest in cosmetics. Fair? No. Going to happen? Probably.

Sad but true, site is more likely to hurt her application then help.

this thread is useless without pics (obligatory)

Informative website, but not going to help application at all. If i were her, i would keep that website anonymous and only for fun. Actually, I would divert my energies toward research instead...

Sad but true.

do you guys really think this website will HURT her chances of matching derm? She's made quite an impact and she does discuss some important issues in derm (wearing sunscreen, getting screen for melanoma, ect).

do you guys really think this website will HURT her chances of matching derm? She's made quite an impact and she does discuss some important issues in derm (wearing sunscreen, getting screen for melanoma, ect).

there are some closeminded people who hear the word cosmetics and you are finished

I think she will get consideration at a couple programs. But I don't feel sorry for her, and I don't think it's sad that places won't take a second look. She is setting herself up a certain way, and I think she has the chance to end up somewhere that will foster her career goals.

I hope that she got permission from Tom to post Suri's picture. Is that a legal issue?:confused:

I'm a bit weirded out by her via the impression I get from her website. Call me a party-pooper.

Agreed, I get a weird vibe here.

Incongruence is probably the best way to describe it. You don't meet too many cosmetics-crazed people who claim to want to pursue an MD/PhD as well.