Just got my OAT scores!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EvenIf

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just got my OAT scores back!

Stats:
Low GPA
3.10, 3.00BCP (graduated a while ago, personal reasons for a downward trend towards the last year of college, I also have a master's degree & that raised the GPA a little)
OAT
Total Science: 350
AA: 360

Dream school: SCCO
Wouldn't mind going to Western either

Any advice or comments about my chances would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

Stats:
Low GPA
3.10, 3.00BCP (graduated a while ago, personal reasons for a downward trend towards the last year of college, I also have a master's degree & that raised the GPA a little)
OAT

Thank you!
I'd be very surprised if you didn't get an interview with those OAT scores. Good luck!

Congrats! Those are excellent scores. Providing you have a decent list of extracurricular activities, you shouldn't find a problem getting an interview. Best of luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

Stats:
Low GPA
OAT

Thank you!

You did awesome on your OAT. Would you mind sharing what exactly you did to prepare? Study materials, how many hours a day, total study time, etc. Thank you !

Thank you for all of your responses & for the kind words! :)
I'm really hoping my OAT scores will make up for my low GPA!

You did awesome on your OAT. Would you mind sharing what exactly you did to prepare? Study materials, how many hours a day, total study time, etc. Thank you !
Hi Carolinev, this is so bad - I started "studying" a month in advance but that only meant slowly going through a chapter a day and not doing much…when it was 2 weeks before the exam, I panicked and went into overdrive. I work really weird hours so I just spent any time slot that I was not working on studying. I sped through all of the review by taking the key concepts/formulas and jotting them down on a few pieces of paper... and spent most of my time doing OAT destroyer practice problems & 2 practice exams. This actually ended up helping me because the practice problems were where I did my learning. Obviously I don't recommend spending just 2 weeks studying lol. But if you want more details on other prep strategies I'd be happy to PM you :)

Last edited:
SUPER congratulations to you and I wish you the best of luck on your school applications! I wish I was smart enough to pull this off in such a short amount of time that you did.. I just started studying like 6 days ago and am already panicking. I plan on taking my OAT test in August. which gives me around 2 months to study. I tried going over the Kaplan book first but only got through a couple chapters before wanting to shoot myself (not literally).. I read some posts and everyone recommended Chad's videos. So I am watching those and I'm understanding the concepts a lot more efficiently. I was hesitant on purchasing the OAT destroyer due the price but I am starting to think about it more and more. Can you tell me a little bit more about the OAT destroyer and what it consists of? Is it straight up just practice questions?? And any more tips/advices on your technique would be much appreciated!

SUPER congratulations to you and I wish you the best of luck on your school applications! I wish I was smart enough to pull this off in such a short amount of time that you did.. I just started studying like 6 days ago and am already panicking. I plan on taking my OAT test in August. which gives me around 2 months to study. I tried going over the Kaplan book first but only got through a couple chapters before wanting to shoot myself (not literally).. I read some posts and everyone recommended Chad's videos. So I am watching those and I'm understanding the concepts a lot more efficiently. I was hesitant on purchasing the OAT destroyer due the price but I am starting to think about it more and more. Can you tell me a little bit more about the OAT destroyer and what it consists of? Is it straight up just practice questions?? And any more tips/advices on your technique would be much appreciated!

Hi Jalam,

thank you!!
The OAT definitely is straight practice problems with detailed explanations…there are A LOT of questions…I only managed to finish about less than half of each section in the time frame I had..
Try and see if you could get a used one from someone local? that should lower the cost…
I know it's pricy but the practicing really helps - if you're doing Chad's video, I heard there are quizzes at the end so that would work too!

Best of luck studying!

Hi Jalam,

I only managed to finish about less than half of each section in the time frame I had..

Best of luck studying!

How was it possible that you still ended up with a 360/350?

How was it possible that you still ended up with a 360/350?
Oops..I meant the OAT Destroyer had a lot a questions...I only managed to finish half of the questions in the OAT DESTROYER not the actual OAT