Just Left The NYU Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HumbledDDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got off of the waitlist and received an acceptance letter via FedEx this morning.

This has definitely been a humbling experience, to say the least.

NYUCD, despite the negative press it receives here at SDN, is a place where I can see myself working hard and maturing into a useful dentist that can serve the underserved...

I just wanted to encourage anyone else who may be on a waitlisted situation... it hasn't been easy, but if I can get off of it... anyone can...

Feel free to pm me as well... :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!!! :clap: :hardy:

Congrats!!

mind sharing your stats and when you were interviewed/placed on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats the first time I have heard someone on SDN get off the NYU waitlist. Finally!

Congrats :thumbup:

i feel numb... i almost feel like i didn't even deserve it...

the only words that come to mind are HUMBLING and THANKFUL... and EXCITED

Congrats! Way to go! Oh, and good luck too!

Congratulations.

Yeah. Ignore all the negativities about NYU that you've heard on SDN. What would be the point anyways?

NYC is an awesome place to live.

I'd like to join the posts above and congratulate you too!!! :thumbup:

Congrats! What do you think it was that got you off the waitlist? Also, is the waitlist ranked, or random?

jk5177 said:
Congratulations.

Yeah. Ignore all the negativities about NYU that you've heard on SDN. What would be the point anyways?

NYC is an awesome place to live.
jk, are you sure?

Yes, congratulations on getting accepted.

But jk, I don't think you can't ignore the smell of crap when you've had a big sniff.

Sorry, I feel like sh't today.

gratz, see you in fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
same here, my parents just got the letter today.. i don't know where to start. what are you doing for housing?

i had already assumed i wasn't getting in this year so i didnt complete the fafsa :mad:

i am so tempted to drop this summer class i am taking, but i wont.

Congrats HumbledDDS. I also got off the NYU waiting list several weeks ago :D
I know "EXACTLY" what you're feeling :)

And what so bad about NYU? I love the place.

Just wanted to say Congrats and that you deserve it.

congrats guys.. that must be the most refreshing thing !

Great!
Hope you have a bright future.

Pikeyman said:
jk, are you sure?

Yes, congratulations on getting accepted.

But jk, I don't think you can't ignore the smell of crap when you've had a big sniff.

Sorry, I feel like sh't today.

Pikeyman. True. I agree. However, I like to add, that if there are crap around, and the other options are like barf, or smell of rotten body, doesn't crap smell much better?

Or the other logic is... since I'm in this pile, mind as well get use to it.

Or... the nose is amazing at adapting to adverse situations.

Anyway, pikeyman, hope you had a relaxing toilet experience today.

Once again to the OP, congrats. It's great to hear good stories from anyone.

congrats! way to go!

Hi HumbledDDS and all,

I would like to share with you that I just got off the waitlist, too. My mom called my cell today telling me she found a fedex envelope by the door and that it starts with "Congratulations..... The feeling is bombastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :D :) :love: :luck: :laugh:

Good luck to all of you, chin up for those who are still waiting and congratulations to those who got accepted.

:p

HumbledDDS said:
I just got off of the waitlist and received an acceptance letter via FedEx this morning.

This has definitely been a humbling experience, to say the least.

NYUCD, despite the negative press it receives here at SDN, is a place where I can see myself working hard and maturing into a useful dentist that can serve the underserved...

I just wanted to encourage anyone else who may be on a waitlisted situation... it hasn't been easy, but if I can get off of it... anyone can...

Feel free to pm me as well... :oops:

HappyDent:

Congratulations to you as well! Celebrations are called for tonight...

everyone, thanks for the cheers!

HappyDent said:
Hi HumbledDDS and all,

I would like to share with you that I just got off the waitlist, too. My mom called my cell today telling me she found a fedex envelope by the door and that it starts with "Congratulations..... The feeling is bombastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :D :) :love: :luck: :laugh:

Good luck to all of you, chin up for those who are still waiting and congratulations to those who got accepted.

:p

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to add in that I got my acceptance letter today by fed-ex...now the question is what to do...this throws a wrench in my plans. Congrats to everyone... today seems to be a day for mass acceptances and shows others that there is hope out there. Three weeks ago I was very doubtful of the outcome for this cycle....applying late really makes the entire process more stressful.

HumbledDDS said:
HappyDent:

Congratulations to you as well! Celebrations are called for tonight...

everyone, thanks for the cheers!
humbledds.
i was wondering what your stats were:gpa and dat and also what day is u're acceptance letter dated.

Tigger38 said:
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to add in that I got my acceptance letter today by fed-ex...now the question is what to do...this throws a wrench in my plans. Congrats to everyone... today seems to be a day for mass acceptances and shows others that there is hope out there. Three weeks ago I was very doubtful of the outcome for this cycle....applying late really makes the entire process more stressful.

hey tigger38
what was your stats and what day was u're acceptance letter dated? also, when was u're interview

Congrats to all of u recently accepted former waitlisters...it sure seems like today was the day for those on the waitlist (i guess my chances to hear the same good news are shot, considering i didnt get a fed-ex letter) :thumbdown:

Good job everyone!