Just starting on path to be ready for Post-Bacc, help/criticism appreaciated!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FoxActionNews

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

First of all thank you to everyone who took the time reading this. I've just completed stage 1 of my journey to getting into a postbacc and - hopefully - MD program, which is landing a stable job that allows me time to volunteer at the local hospital.

I'm looking to submit my application for the 2018-19 cycle, with my top schools being Bryn Mawr, Temple, and Goucher (in that order). I have a 3.3 uGPA and a 3.6 gGPA from an MA in International Relations. I'm wondering how much will volunteering will contribute if we're talking about 100-120 hours total to my chances, and generally will I be wasting money on applying or should I wait and accumulate more hours and possibly clinical experience before applying again. I'm 29 and I'm feeling like I'm running out of time, so I would much rather apply sooner rather than later but am unsure which scale my qualifications put me on.

I would also LOVE if alum from those three schools would tell me their experiences with admission!

Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.