Just test taking tips...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted585480

Hey. I would really appreciate help from anybody on this!

My weaknesses on the mcat are definitely the science sections. B/B and C/P. I feel like I've done so much content review so a lot of my issues comes from actually understanding the passages.

I'm just curious what the best strategy is on these sections when it comes to possibly writing material down while reading the passages or just in general how much time to spend when reading?

Do you make sure to really focus on tables/graphs?

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I also would like to know as there is only so much content one can do - rest depends on reasoning and critical thinking.

For me, I've found it to be useful to not analyze the graphs/figures/mechanisms presented until the questions ask for it. This saves time and allows me to focus on whatever the q-stem wants. I found myself analyzing the useless graphs/figures, some of the time they are there to not provide any help...

For me, I've found it to be useful to not analyze the graphs/figures/mechanisms presented until the questions ask for it. This saves time and allows me to focus on whatever the q-stem wants. I found myself analyzing the useless graphs/figures, some of the time they are there to not provide any help...

Yeah, a lot of times, the MCAT will have a passage with Fig. 1 and Fig. 2 and just never ask about Fig. 2. So it would be a waste of time to analyze Fig. 2 because you won't even be tested on it! (Fig. 1 and Fig. 2 are not used here literally). The MCAT does this because they might test Fig. 2 in a different version of the test - different test versions may have the same passages but different questions.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, a lot of times, the MCAT will have a passage with Fig. 1 and Fig. 2 and just never ask about Fig. 2. So it would be a waste of time to analyze Fig. 2 because you won't even be tested on it! (Fig. 1 and Fig. 2 are not used here literally). The MCAT does this because they might test Fig. 2 in a different version of the test - different test versions may have the same passages but different questions.

I never thought of this! I always thought some test-maker was like "hehehe let's see if we can waste their time with this graph"

Reactions: 1 user