Just took DAT.. super low QR, third time taker

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentspade

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
AA/TS/OC/GC/BIO/RC/QR/PA
1st: 17/18/18/18/18/18/15/17
2nd: 18/18/19/19/18/17/16/18
3rd: 19/21/21/22/20/21/13/20

GPA: 3.5 sGPA: 3.5

Overall, I am happy that I have improved. However, my QR score is clearly really low. I have never been good at math and it shows. I'm not really sure what to think. It was my third time taking the test, so I really don't know what to do next. I know it is low and I am embarrassed.

Any input would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

Simple solution: Don't apply to schools that require a minimum for QR section.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I had a QR of 16 and every single school that I talked seemed to could care less. A 13 is different than a 16, but if there is a section to bomb it is the QR! I would call and ask.

Reactions: 2 users
I had a QR of 16 and every single school that I talked seemed to could care less. A 13 is different than a 16, but if there is a section to bomb it is the QR! I would call and ask.
I’d take a 16 over a 13 any day haha. I am too embarrassed to call and even say the number 13, but I know I should call to ask. Thanks!

Yeah, i had a qr score of 17 and got in. just do your research on which schools to apply to. I know that Nova is one of those schools that will overlook your low qr score.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, i had a qr score of 17 and got in. just do your research on which schools to apply to. I know that Nova is one of those schools that will overlook your low qr score.
17 is way better than what I got! Haha. But you’re right, will do some research and hope for the best.

17 is way better than what I got! Haha. But you’re right, will do some research and hope for the best.
With that score you will honestly need to talk to the schools to see if they will look past it. I know most schools don't give much of a look at the QR score but 13 is low. You also don't need to tell the school who you are just call, say your considering applying and give your DAT scores and ask if you would still be considered.

With that score you will honestly need to talk to the schools to see if they will look past it. I know most schools don't give much of a look at the QR score but 13 is low. You also don't need to tell the school who you are just call, say your considering applying and give your DAT scores and ask if you would still be considered.

This is a good plan. Your AA and TS aren't bad, in fact, there are that of someone that would get into dental school. I'm not sure about your QR. Don't need all the schools to say yes, just a few and then you only need 1 acceptance. Best of Luck!