Just took NAPLEX (11/3/10) - got destroyed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Naplexbust

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The NAPLEX just crushed my will to live. I know that people say afterward that they feel like they failed, but then they end up passing. There will be no passing for this fellow. I got CRUSHED by this exam.

All the topics I felt strong on - hardly or not tested
Random crap - lots of it
Not so random crap on subjects I'm weak on - lots of it
The ONE type of math problem I struggle with - 4-5 questions with it

I LITERALLY made anywhere from 30-50 100% guesses. I would say after that, probably another 30-50 educated guesses.

The signs are there that I failed as well, as the questions got easier towards the end of the exam. I only had probably 10 k type questions through the whole thing, which is probably another sign I failed. I'll get my results in 2 days and will post here, but it will be a MIRACLE if I passed. A true miracle.

Members don't see this ad.

please don't lose hope, you can always try again btw what books did you study from??

You probably did well. What books did you use to study and how long did you study?

By the way I hear statistics is on the NAPLEX. Did you encounter any type of statistics questions? What type are there?

I had to calculate # needed to treat, define a p value, explain a meta analysis and also what a double blind crossover study is.

Members don't see this ad :)
The NAPLEX just crushed my will to live. I know that people say afterward that they feel like they failed, but then they end up passing. There will be no passing for this fellow. I got CRUSHED by this exam.

All the topics I felt strong on - hardly or not tested
Random crap - lots of it
Not so random crap on subjects I'm weak on - lots of it
The ONE type of math problem I struggle with - 4-5 questions with it

I LITERALLY made anywhere from 30-50 100% guesses. I would say after that, probably another 30-50 educated guesses.

The signs are there that I failed as well, as the questions got easier towards the end of the exam. I only had probably 10 k type questions through the whole thing, which is probably another sign I failed. I'll get my results in 2 days and will post here, but it will be a MIRACLE if I passed. A true miracle.

I am sure you will pass. This was my impression after my NAPLEX and I passed.:thumbup:

Good Luck to you! Really hope you passed I know its not fun waiting...what state are you in that get your results so quick? I had to wait 12 days here in FL...

I did pass!!!!! I got a 78, lol. Barely passed, but I passed. I'm in AZ, only takes 48 hours to get results. Took it Wednesday, got my results today (Friday).

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a wonderful feeling to know that you dont have to do this for another 3 months!!!!!!

CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

P.S. You mentioned the math problem you struggled on you got alot of...what kind of problem was it? (i have my test coming up soon too)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a wonderful feeling to know that you dont have to do this for another 3 months!!!!!!

CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

P.S. You mentioned the math problem you struggled on you got alot of...what kind of problem was it? (i have my test coming up soon too)

I had quite a few problems that were w/w, which I don't usually like. Stuff like mixing triamcinolone in cold cream and that sort of thing, but like I said, all weight weight stuff.

I felt the same way.... I guessed on over half. I scored a 115 on mine... I must have had all of the questions I guessed on thrown out or something!