Just took the DAT. score summary +motivation for ya!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gatsby121

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
this is my first post on these forums but ive been lurking for a while. Ive read countless DAT breakdowns and got tons of ideas for studying from this website so thank you all!

heres my score breakdown: not nearly as good as some of you but im stoked!

AA-20
TS-20
OC-23
GC-22
Bio-17 (eeeeek)
RC-21
QR-18
PAT-21

i studied exclusively for the dat for about 5 weeks. I used Crack the DAT, Chads Videos (LOVE THIS GUY), Bootcamp, Destroyer (for a couple days lol), and AP cliffs

I have only taken 1 semester of Ochem (Thanks again CHAD!) i learned all of the second semester reactions from those videos, clearly they are sufficient! Bio was a nightmare as you can see, there were a few ridiculous questions that i feel like i would have never gotten right but its all good. I spent a lot more time focusing on Chem.

Now for the motivation part....i realize everyone is different but i scored WAY less on every practice test i took. on Crack the Dat gen chem i averaged 16, on CDR i averaged 17-18. i got a 16 in ochem, 14 in gen chem, 18 on PAT and 16 on math using the first dat bootcamp test. what im trying to say is, DONT GET DISCOURAGED by poor practice test scores, utilize that time to learn from yout mistakes, that is what i did, every test i did terrible on (and even the good ones) i would go back through to learn what i did wrong and reinforce concepts. I know im not being very articulate right now haha im all over the place. I was just very stressed going in to this test thinking there was no way id even get a 17. just relax, learn from all your mistakes on your practice tests and GET CHADS VIDEOS. seriously those saved me.

good luck to all of you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah...Chad is incredible. Best review of gen chem and ochem I could have asked for.

Congrats on your scores!

I'm taking my test next Tuesday and haven't been doing very well on my practice tests :( however I am taking the time to learn every mistake and carefully review so this post has given me hope !

THANK YOU for helping me stay encouraged haha and congrats on great scores :)

Reactions: 1 user
this is my first post on these forums but ive been lurking for a while. Ive read countless DAT breakdowns and got tons of ideas for studying from this website so thank you all!

heres my score breakdown: not nearly as good as some of you but im stoked!

AA-20
TS-20
OC-23
GC-22
Bio-17 (eeeeek)
RC-21
QR-18
PAT-21

i studied exclusively for the dat for about 5 weeks. I used Crack the DAT, Chads Videos (LOVE THIS GUY), Bootcamp, Destroyer (for a couple days lol), and AP cliffs

I have only taken 1 semester of Ochem (Thanks again CHAD!) i learned all of the second semester reactions from those videos, clearly they are sufficient! Bio was a nightmare as you can see, there were a few ridiculous questions that i feel like i would have never gotten right but its all good. I spent a lot more time focusing on Chem.

Now for the motivation part....i realize everyone is different but i scored WAY less on every practice test i took. on Crack the Dat gen chem i averaged 16, on CDR i averaged 17-18. i got a 16 in ochem, 14 in gen chem, 18 on PAT and 16 on math using the first dat bootcamp test. what im trying to say is, DONT GET DISCOURAGED by poor practice test scores, utilize that time to learn from yout mistakes, that is what i did, every test i did terrible on (and even the good ones) i would go back through to learn what i did wrong and reinforce concepts. I know im not being very articulate right now haha im all over the place. I was just very stressed going in to this test thinking there was no way id even get a 17. just relax, learn from all your mistakes on your practice tests and GET CHADS VIDEOS. seriously those saved me.

good luck to all of you!!!

Did you feel like the Crack the Dat Sciences was comparable to the DAT or was it just good for practice? Im currently using it now so I'm curious as to how well its preparing me.

I took around 10 genchem tests from CTD, the highest i scored was 19. but i mainly averaged around 16. same with Ochem and Bio. I definitely benefited from taking those tests but they didnt seem anything like the real thing (much more tricky and in depth).

Reactions: 1 user