Just wanna make sure I'm on the right track as a reinventor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thanxalot

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Graduated with a terrible GPA in 2015 and have been working towards fixing it at CC since 2020. Only took 2 classes per semester up until this year when my work hours changed and had to take 1 class per semester. Have finally (!!!) found a cost-effective 4 year university near me that will allow me to work and take classes (with an URM scholarship). My plan:

1) Take 3 classes per semester for 3 more semesters (total 36 credits) while continuing volunteering/shadowing. Then use an extra year to bulk up on volunteer hours and MCAT.

OR

2) Take 3 classes per semester for 4 more semesters (total 48 credits) while volunteering/shadowing. Then use an extra year to bulk up on volunteer hours and MCAT.

I realize this is a 2-3 year minimum endeavor. I'm willing to wait to apply, but I just want to know which plan to go with my horrible GPA. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

TDLR: How many more credits do I need as a reinventor in order to stop my post-bacc and start studying for the MCAT/volunteering more?

GPAs.png

Members don't see this ad.

Common advice on here is to get both GPAs to at least a 3.0 because most screens for different schools are at 3.0 or a little higher.

Thank you! I know I’m super close to 3.0, but I’m trying to figure out how many more credits will make me competitive for DO/MD since my post back so far is only 27 credits.

Any thoughts @Goro ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I know I’m super close to 3.0, but I’m trying to figure out how many more credits will make me competitive for DO/MD since my post back so far is only 27 credits.

Any thoughts @Goro ?
How many credits would it take to get you to 3.0?

Also, URM scholarship???? What ethnicity?

Thank you for your response @Goro ! I would need 12 more credits to get to a 3.0. And I’m an AA female.

@Goro It is a very ugly undulating trend that I'm trying to fix.

Freshman Year (37 total credits) --> GPA: 2.62, sGPA: 2.46 (13 BCPM credits)
Sophomore Year (28 total credits) --> GPA: 2.61, sGPA: 1.65 (8 BCPM credits)
Junior Year (36 total credits) --> GPA: 3.3, sGPA: 2.65 (8 BCPM credits)
Senior Year (40 total credits) --> GPA: 2.35, sGPA: 0.0 (4 BCPM credits)
Post-Bacc (27 total credits)-->GPA: 4.0 sGPA: 4.0 (27 BCPM credits)

cGPA : 2.92 and sGPA: 2.90