(Kansas) Financial Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panda81

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, so i got my financial aid packet yesterday from KU. I'm a Kansas resident, so my tuition is going to be about 15,000 per year. Well, the award letter (I'm getting the max amount, no parental contribution) was for 35,000 dollars. Is this supposed to be my award for BOTH 1st and 2nd year? Or is this first year only, but they're also trying to factor in cost of living and all my expenses?

If the latter is the case, I've gotta find out how much it's going to cost me to live for the year, (surely I won't need the entire 35k). Any KU'ers or ANYONE out there that can help me out with this question?

thx :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Panda,

The $35K awarded is only for the first year, and this is supposed to cover tuition, books, and living expenses. So, with that, ~15000 goes to tuition, and the rest is for living expenses, so I would think that you should be able to cut some of those 20g's and still live comfortably. Hope this helps :thumbup:

Dig it. Thanks Felipe, I appreciate the response :thumbup: