Kaplan Full lengths exam level?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Souidan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I have been studying for the MCAT in the past 2 months, I already did TPRH SW. But, lately I started doing Kaplan Full Length exams. My grades are bad 9~10 in BS and PS. Is it something wrong in myself or these exams are brutal? Because I have been doing well on TPRH SW.
I am really demotivated by the Fl's.
Help please!

Members don't see this ad.

Do the official AAMCs if you want a good idea of what you'll score at your current level of preparation. Kaplan treats are generally not all that reflective of actual MCAT scores. I tend to view Kaplan and TPRs tests as absolute crap compared to the AAMCs.

Do the official AAMCs if you want a good idea of what you'll score at your current level of preparation. Kaplan treats are generally not all that reflective of actual MCAT scores. I tend to view Kaplan and TPRs tests as absolute crap compared to the AAMCs.
Thanks !! I will do soon.
But why do u think that?

Thanks !! I will do soon.
But why do u think that?

I agree with the above on TPR being crappy since very few of their questions pertain to passages and their passages are way too short and not heavy with data/complicated images. However, their verbal is pretty hard on the practice tests so that is good practice. A lot of people on SDN have commented on TPR generally being a bit harder and Kaplan being a bit easier than AAMCs, so maybe tackle the TPRs before getting into AAMCs?

Hello everybody,
I have been studying for the MCAT in the past 2 months, I already did TPRH SW. But, lately I started doing Kaplan Full Length exams. My grades are bad 9~10 in BS and PS. Is it something wrong in myself or these exams are brutal? Because I have been doing well on TPRH SW.
I am really demotivated by the Fl's.
Help please!

I would suggest that you do the AAMC practice exams first. The Kaplan tests are much harder in terms of content than the AAMC exams are, but they are graded on a much more lenient scale. You can do the kaplan full lengths to determine areas of weakness, but in terms of predicting your best score, AAMC 9-11 would work best for that.