Kaplan Online Courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CSU Undergrad

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I plan on taking the DAT's mid February, and I plan on studying starting mid december (after the fall semester). I already have the Kaplan DAT book, but I see that they offer online courses for $1400, its pretty expensive but I was wondering what the people who had taken these online courses thought about the classes did they help? where they worth it? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I plan on taking the DAT's mid February, and I plan on studying starting mid december (after the fall semester). I already have the Kaplan DAT book, but I see that they offer online courses for $1400, its pretty expensive but I was wondering what the people who had taken these online courses thought about the classes did they help? where they worth it? Thanks

I think the online material was good; but I do not know at what price. I really didn't care how much things cost because I want to be a dentist no matter what and I wanted to pick where I went to dental school, Hence the good scores and tons of interviews. Just spend the money, it is all worth it in the end when you have a good score.... You are going to need more than Kaplan though for bio.... they have alot of really good math/orgo/gen chem.. PAT is way way too easy.. RC also very good

I finished the online course in 2.5 weeks and managed to pull off 23 AA 21 PAT. So from my point of view, it was worth it. Practice makes perfect!

Thanks for the reply, so what else besides kaplan did you use? and are you saying kaplans PAT is easy or the DAT's PAT is easy?

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the online Kaplan course and I really liked it a lot. I wanted a study program that was somewhat structured, but not as structured as the Kaplan classroom course because I was working and taking classes when I studied for the DAT. I really liked how I could do the online material in whatever order I wanted to because I really didn't want to review the material in the order that the Kaplan classroom course did. Overall, it was expensive (I'm still paying the credit card bill :thumbdown:) but I think it was worth it! Good luck!:D

I was very efficient on practice PAT, 21-23, 24's... real test was just tough I only got a 19... BUt... at every interview the schools do not even mention the PAT... I think the PAT means nothing... Just get like a 18 19 and u will be fine... Science is very important..