Kaplan Online v. Classroom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent4life23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Want to take the DAT in mid- to late July. I'm debating whether to buy the online Kaplan course or attending the Kaplan classroom course at a college. What do you think is better? Anyone here taken the online course and if so, was it helpful? Any downsides? I'm leaning toward the online course so I can have access to the material when i want it.

Thanks for the help...

Members don't see this ad.

When you buy the classroom course. You also get access to the online material. The classes cost 300 extra I think. I took the class room course and those teachers are useless. The lectures they give can be found online also. You get more than enough practice material to do well on the DAT.

When you purchase the kaplan classroom courses, you get all the online materials as well as the 8 or however many in class sessions. The difference in price if we are talking about the same ones is like $100 more for the classroom ones.

It depends on what you like to do, I like online, going into meet people and group work on things to me is a waste of time.

Classroom also gives you info whenever you want it online.
Take the online if you can work on your own.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take the class i just finished a few weeks ago and it was helpful but if your teacher sucks then it wont help because all they do is ready over the same stuff thats in your book. So if i was you call the center find out whos teaching it because if you get a teacher thats studied for the MCAT i m sure they rocked the test but they wont be as helpful as someone who took the DAT who might give some pointers on the PAT and stuff like that. PEACE

I took the classroom course and thought it was worth the money.. for some reason the classroom course was cheaper than the online course when I registered (maybe there was a discount or something, I don't know).

Its funny though - I keep seeing some of the same people from my course over and over again at other prep courses, pre-dental society events, the day of the DAT, and at interviews - and there were only 12 of us in the class! :rolleyes: