Kaplan Simulated Exams ? (not the diagnostics)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrBigglesworth

Meow
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
deelete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I did the first Kaplan Simulated Exam, I'm not sure how useful it will be for the real test (since everyone says Kaplan questions are nothing like it), but it was definitely a long test. I think it was helpful in the sense that I got a feel for what a 7-8hour test can feel like. I felt wasted at the end of the test, and I felt like I didn't do very well, but it ended up getting 75%, which was 10% higher than my cumulative kaplan Qbank average.

FWIW, I like the kaplan questions and I don't find them too detail oriented. There were a lot of questions that forced me to really think quickly and eliminate options and then guess (stuff I had not really seen previously).

I did the first Kaplan Simulated Exam, I'm not sure how useful it will be for the real test (since everyone says Kaplan questions are nothing like it), but it was definitely a long test. I think it was helpful in the sense that I got a feel for what a 7-8hour test can feel like. I felt wasted at the end of the test, and I felt like I didn't do very well, but it ended up getting 75%, which was 10% higher than my cumulative kaplan Qbank average.

FWIW, I like the kaplan questions and I don't find them too detail oriented. There were a lot of questions that forced me to really think quickly and eliminate options and then guess (stuff I had not really seen previously).

Did they give you a three-digit score at the end? Thanks for all your help! I just don't want to burn 7 hours if I don't get a score haha

No, they didn't give any 3-digit score, which was unfortunate. What you can do is go to the various websites that claim to have a kaplan qbank score to usmle correlation and use whatever percent you get. It's the same concept as considering the most recent 4 random timed blocks your percent and then using a table to get a 3-digit