kaufman course for boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cherryalmond

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Regarding the kaufman neuro and psyc course; does anyone know if the book you get for the course(if you register for the 1100dollar course given in March for board prep) is the same book you can buy off the kaufman course website. The book is $110 and the live lecture course is $1100 so buying the book is much more affordable. i hope it's not the neuro for psychiatry textbook by kaufman that they are referring to because I already own that
thanx

Members don't see this ad.

A friend of mine gave me his notes for the Kaufman course, and they were not the same as the textbook. They were typed notes.

The notes were excellent. The Kaufman book is too much material for the boards unless you actually want to spend 12 hrs a day studying when you could've spent two.

I liked the Kaufmann book, but the course wasn't an option for me because of the cost and the time off. I thought the book was a much easier read than most medical textbooks and managed to work through all of the chapters and questions, mostly in the 3 months before the test, while I was taking call and working very painful inpatient months. I did almost all of my studying on weekends and never studied all day. My neurology score was only 2 points lower than my psychiatry score and the gap on the PRITEs had been more like 40 points. I know several people whose neurology PRITES had deteriorated badly and used this to prep for (and pass) the boards. The neurology questions on the actual test were easier than the PRITE questions and easier than the ones in the book. The book was probably overkill, but it was almost the only studying I did.

Members don't see this ad :)
But is the book sold on the kaufman site the textbook or the kaufman notes from the course?

But is the book sold on the kaufman site the textbook or the kaufman notes from the course?

is this textbook only for the Neurology or does it contain the psychiatry portion as well?

This year, the Kaufman course will be in July. Since I really don't have the money or the time (due to starting a fellowship), is anyone out there looking to sell their notes? I would prefer 2013 or 2014 notes. I am willing to negotiate a price and pay for shipping.

Thanks!