KCUMB Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!!!!! interviewed 9/28

SO EXCITED!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed yesterday 10/12 and it was amazing. I only submitted an application to this school at the last moment and it has now become my top DO choice. If I don't get into my state school then I will probably go here! I loved it, the interviewers were extremely nice (Tracey Taylor and Patrick Clay) and this visit really created a new perspective on this university. Now I just gotta wait for my letter! I hope the interview wasn't seemingly awesome only to end up with a rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 9/26 and got my letter in the mail yesterday :) so excited! Loved this school! :soexcited:

Congrats to those recently accepted. 1st year here just taking a 5 minute break from Musculoskeletal Finals Week studying (next week) to check on the future newbies!

Interviewed 9/26 and got my letter in the mail yesterday :) so excited! Loved this school! :soexcited:

Hey Peach, which interviewee were you or where were you from? Did you stay at the Holiday Inn Express? And I just got my letter today as well! Congrats to you! I'm super excited too...love KCUMB.

Does everyone get an initial letter saying "we're glad you choose us...etc."? At first I thought it was a pre-secondary rejection, but was happy to see it was that kind of letter. I hope I get a secondary soon!

Hey Peach, which interviewee were you or where were you from? Did you stay at the Holiday Inn Express? And I just got my letter today as well! Congrats to you! I'm super excited too...love KCUMB.

fellow 9/26er here, i got waitlisted. lol. it's ok i got into another school already though. i was at the holiday inn!

Interviewed here and it was a really good experience. The interviewers were very friendly and respectful. The campus is really nice and all that stuff about being a bad neighborhood really didn't worry me because there is plenty of security around to make you feel safe. I have to say the buildings were really nice but DMU's amenities seemed a tad nicer. Overall great school and great people.

fellow 9/26er here, i got waitlisted. lol. it's ok i got into another school already though. i was at the holiday inn!

Awe bummer...glad you have another school lined up though! Congrats! Where at? So where were you from or which guy/gal were you?

I must be the only one still waiting for a letter! LOL Probably monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't decide when to book my super shuttle back to the airport. When did your days end and what super shuttle pick up time did you choose? Thanks!

Awe bummer...glad you have another school lined up though! Congrats! Where at? So where were you from or which guy/gal were you?

i got in western in cali. i was the dude from SoCal and i'm assuming from your sdn name that you were the fitness girl. lol :thumbup:

didn't see western's gym but hopefully it was bigger than kcumb's!

congrats on your acceptance

i got in western in cali. i was the dude from SoCal and i'm assuming from your sdn name that you were the fitness girl. lol :thumbup:

I know who you are -- you told me to go to my Western interview, but I didn't. I like MSU a lot, but I came to KCUMB because I was interested in the curriculum and heard a lot of positive things about the school. I'm still waiting for my letter -- probably held up at the border! LOL

I know who you are -- you told me to go to my Western interview, but I didn't. I like MSU a lot, but I came to KCUMB because I was interested in the curriculum and heard a lot of positive things about the school. I'm still waiting for my letter -- probably held up at the border! LOL

yup you were the dentist! if you are accepted to msu and kcu, which will you choose?

I did the exact same thing. My interviewer said, and I quote "my 17-year old could ace these classes" refering to the Orgo, Physics, and Bio I took at a CC. All the questions in my interview revolved around that. I did not get an acceptance, but I was not sure I even wanted one anymore.

Ouch! That's not cool. Who was your interviewer?

Interviewing here on 10/19 (Wednesday)!! Pretty excited to see KCUMB. Is anyone else interviewing this day?

Western doesn't have a gym.

Congrats to everyone who just got in and good luck to those interviewing soon!

got another letter recently detailing information about the acceptance fee and how we have to pay $1000 by Dec. 15, and the letter says that there's supposed to be a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope that we should use to send the check, but I didn't find one! did anyone else have this dilemma?

Let's get it going!

I third this!

I must be the only one still waiting for a letter! LOL Probably monday.

Man, the suspense must be killing you! Don't worry, you should hear good news soon! :)

Can't decide when to book my super shuttle back to the airport. When did your days end and what super shuttle pick up time did you choose? Thanks!

Hey Flemon, if KCUMB is picking you up from the hotel and taking you back, then you'll be back to the hotel by 230-3 because they'll put those who stay at the 2 hotels they recommend in the first interview groups. What time is your flight?

Yep, that's me. :) Congrats on getting into Western! Actually, one interviewer from LMU-DCOM asked why I didn't apply to Western since I'm at Cal Poly. I've been in Pomona long enough! Haha. And I remember you too...Andrew L. right?

Anyone know if the letters from the October 5th interviews have gone out yet?

Actually, I just called the Admissions Office and paid by credit card over the phone.

Hey Flemon, if KCUMB is picking you up from the hotel and taking you back, then you'll be back to the hotel by 230-3 because they'll put those who stay at the 2 hotels they recommend in the first interview groups. What time is your flight?
My flight is at 6:30PM. I booked a 4:00 shuttle.

got another letter recently detailing information about the acceptance fee and how we have to pay $1000 by Dec. 15, and the letter says that there's supposed to be a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope that we should use to send the check, but I didn't find one! did anyone else have this dilemma?

yep. i didnt get one either. gonna call admissions tomorrow and check up on the envelope

I wasnt really a fan of the gym at kcumb. Didnt really see many free weights. I hate machines.

I wasnt really a fan of the gym at kcumb. Didnt really see many free weights. I hate machines.

There's a Gold's Gym like 5 minutes from campus, if KCUMB's gym doesn't serve your needs.

Oh nice thats awesome. Do you know if they have discounts for students?

There's a Gold's Gym like 5 minutes from campus, if KCUMB's gym doesn't serve your needs.

Is that the one in Westport? Its an older gym but a lot of weights. I was able to work out the day before my interview.

anybody have an idea where they are living next year? If anybody is looking to roommate up shoot me a message!

I will def be doing Century Towers if I go here. Wanting to have a roommate. I want someone to set a facebook group up to get to know everyone and talk about roommates. I dont want to set the page up though because im not 100% yet if this is where I will end up.

I interviewed at KCUMB this last week and it was a way cool experience! I had a great interview, which is good because I had an interview at Des Moines last month and it didn't go as well. I really like KCUMB's Genesis curriculum, and they have a great reputation, so hopefully I get an acceptance letter!

Interviewing here on 10/24. Is anyone else? This school is my top choice school for sure. I can't wait to visit.

Are the interviews really that intense? It seems like a lot of people have been saying bad stuff about the interviewers on here.

Interviewing here on 10/24. Is anyone else? This school is my top choice school for sure. I can't wait to visit.

Are the interviews really that intense? It seems like a lot of people have been saying bad stuff about the interviewers on here.

I'll be there!

My interview was extremely chill. I actually got a fist bump from one of my interviewers haha. It all depends on who you get I think though. Confidence is key ;)

My interview was the exact opposite of chill. It was very tense and I got asked a couple of curve ball ethic questions and one about the stem cell debate. I felt like I mumbled quite a bit. But, I still got in, I'm still shocked haha.

My flight is at 6:30PM. I booked a 4:00 shuttle.

You'll definitely be fine.

I second that...I'll definitely be checking out Gold's and other gyms nearby. Love everything about KCUMB BUT the gym. Ha.

Some interviewers are seemingly intense but really they're just trying to see how you handle yourself in that situation and if you can defend your answer under pressure. They might ask you ethical questions but just make sure you answer what you believe and not what they want to hear. Good luck! You'll love KCUMB!

interviewed on 9/30, still nothing in the mail! c'mon c'mon c'mon snail mail

So I have decided I'm going to make it official and stroke that $1000 check to claim my seat! That means I'll be writing that check when I recover from the financial impact of flying all over the country for two weeks straight to interview...

Anyhow, I'm beyond ready to start. Good luck to all those applying, interviewing, matriculating, etc.! lataaa

hey yall, i am interviewing on 10/19. if anyone wants to grab a drink the night before, pm me!

KCUMB showing no love for Canadians,

above average stats

hey yall, i am interviewing on 10/19. if anyone wants to grab a drink the night before, pm me!

Nice, I interview that day too. I won't be able to grab a drink though since my flight gets in kinda late on Tuesday. I'll see you on Wednesday though! :cool:

I have a quick question for you? About how long after you turned in your secondary app did you receive an interview request? Thanks