Other OT-Related Information Keeping organized while in the program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulOT17

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting an MOT program next month and I'm getting incredibly nervous. I've always been a good student, but sometimes I have a hard time staying organized.

I was wondering how everyone stays organized? A specific planner? A binder or folder system?

Literally any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've done so much to get into school. Now I want to make sure that I do as well as possible.

I'm sorry if this sounds lame.

Members don't see this ad.

I heavily rely on Google calendar to keep track of classes and due dates and I make sure to check it for accuracy at least every week or two. I also use a planner with adequate space for a weekly to do list and use a large monthly calendar hung on my wall to keep track of long term assignments. Many of my classmates use some sort of planner or notebook to keep track of assignments. I recommend recording due dates as soon as they are assigned so you don't forget about them. I also take all of my notes on one note or keep them in class specific binders.

It help to just always stay on top of it. Every Sunday I organize my notes and files I need for the upcoming week to prevent last minute surprises. You'll do great. Just try and get in a routine and adjust it until it works!

Reactions: 1 user