Keeping Physics fresh in my head while taking my next pre-med class - how?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calimeds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm in a full-time post-bacc pre-med program in which we are immersed in one subject at a time (physics full time for 8 weeks, then chem, etc.). Just finished Physics, and I'm wondering how other people keep subjects fresh for the MCAT, which is still almost a year away for me.

I'm thinking 15 min per day on physics just doing random problems from each chapter - cycling through ch 1, ch 2, ch 3, ch 4 etc. - one chapter each day. Keep in mind I'll be doing four hours a day of a different subject for the next two months, so I don't have hours a day to just reviewing physics.

Anyone else use this strategy?

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like a great idea! I'd use EK 1001 instead of your textbook.

I second this. Use either EK or Berkeley Review rather than your textbook and do a few problems every day. This should be more than sufficient.

Out of curiousity where are you currently doing your post-bac. I haven't heard of too many places that allow you to do one subject at a time in 8 week sessions.

Sounds like a great idea! I'd use EK 1001 instead of your textbook.

Members don't see this ad :)
mspeedwagon - I'm enrolled in a program called the Integrated Science Program at the Southern Carlifornia University of Health Sciences - www.integratedscienceprogram.com - I found them on this website actually through one of their google ads.

It's intense - you're in class 10 hours each Saturday and 10 hours each Sunday (split between lecture and lab) - the equvilant of a full time undergraduate load. I'm going to write a full review with my impressions about the program in the post-bacc forum here - as far as I can tell no one on this forum has any experience with them.

Make good old note cards.... Very helpful at keeping the memory of equation fresh and on the fly and practice with EK and TBR. Also take Practice CBTs so you can understand just what you need to remember and how to remember it. Kaplan also has these full question note cards that come with their courses and I find them helpful. I also tutor a few people for free to keep up the old memory. Hope that helps.