Ketamine clinic bust

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
vulnerable, desperate population. private equity money flows in to take advantage of these poor patients. id be fine with it if it worked. then again, if it worked, it would be covered by insurance....

lets all thoe PE investors lose out. thats fine with me

Reactions: 2 users
if it worked, it would be covered by insurance....

Do you really believe that? Lots of stuff insurrance doesn’t cover that works. For what it’s worth, I’ve met many people that tell me ketamine and lidocaine infusions work. There doesn’t seem to be much secondary gain from going in once a month to get a ketamine infusion.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you really believe that? Lots of stuff insurrance doesn’t cover that works. For what it’s worth, I’ve met many people that tell me ketamine and lidocaine infusions work. There doesn’t seem to be much secondary gain from going in once a month to get a ketamine infusion.
its not about secondary gain.

the indications for ketamine are basically "anything".

it is reasonable for refractory depression or bipolar d/o. where is the long term data for chronic pain or PTSD? patients go in and enjoy the dissociation from reality for a while. tell me again how that is going to help a failed back? or CRPS?

the biggest issue I have is that most of these clinics will infuse anyone who walks through the door. where is the screening process? where is the patient selection? where is the outcome data?

it just feels so slimy to me, and i worry that vulnerable patients are getting scammed

Reactions: 4 users

it is reasonable for refractory depression or bipolar d/o. where is the long term data for chronic pain or PTSD? patients go in and enjoy the dissociation from reality for a while. tell me again how that is going to help a failed back? or CRPS?

the biggest issue I have is that most of these clinics will infuse anyone who walks through the door. where is the screening process? where is the patient selection? where is the outcome data?

it just feels so slimy to me, and i worry that vulnerable patients are getting scammed
Agree. I look at this the same way I look at a clinic that only does regenerative medicine. That’s their answer to everything, not a useful tool on their physician toolbelt to be used at the right time.

Sometimes they need better PT, a safe long term non controlled medication, or sometimes they need an insurance covered procedure that pays way less. But the answer to everything isn’t an expensive regenerative procedure.

I still remember a patient from LA with terrible facet OA. She was a reasonable Medicare patient and saw a pain physician with a pain fellowship. He talked her into PRP for it.
She failed the IA PRP and then this slimy POS didn’t even offer her facet RFA, because the return on his time wasn’t nearly the same as for regenerative medicine.

• Wow

It’s ok, NPs/chiros will be doing it for cash in a more efficient/affordable/unregulated (unhinged) setting.

These are the high standards for ketamine clinics. Just saw this on IG today. Last line of the ad.
79E5033E-9C2E-48D0-A3D0-E35E36E9DF66.jpeg

Ketamine in anesthesia was used for "pain control" but a/w nightmares, post-op delirium, etc.
While some may find benefit, i think overutilization has occured in certain populations.

Not saying there is no role for this drug, as it may be used in inpatient basis to help wean patients off PCA's, etc.

There are better drugs that should be studied for anxiety/depression- MDMA, LSD to name two.

Reactions: 1 user

Nobody (in this forum atleast) is arguing you can just Ketamine willy nilly for things like failed back or maybe even CRPS. But there is some data on use of ketamine infusions for PTSD and Depression and has some utility. Again, I'm not advocating for ketamine clinics everywhere, but its not black and white

that guy is funny....

CRNA. decides to leave Ob service (says he was the "only anesthesia provider").

he opens ketamine clinic. per his personal website ( About – Jason Duprat )

ketamine clinic where patient becomes psychotic.GIF

but... Complaint: ABQ ketamine clinic caused psychosis

at least one of his patients turn violent. in 2017, after completing a round of treatment, one stabs himself multiple times, drinks lighter fluid, then sets himself on fire, commiyting suicide.

he gets sued. he closes/sells his PC and the clinic to someone else in Oct 2019. not clear why. maybe to avoid lawsuit/damages?

then of course he becomes a business guru and is marketing himself on how to go out on your own and set up your own clinic.

because he was so successful...

wonder if he includes on how to make people psychotic, or if he instructs his paid clientele how to shut down a clinic so as to not have to pay any potential lawsuit.

(of note, the Injection and Infusion Clinic of Albuquerque is run by someone completely different and seems to be appropriately run)

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
that guy is funny....

CRNA. decides to leave Ob service (says he was the "only anesthesia provider").

he opens ketamine clinic. per his personal website ( About – Jason Duprat )

View attachment 369376

but... Complaint: ABQ ketamine clinic caused psychosis

at least one of his patients turn violent. in 2017, after completing a round of treatment, one stabs himself multiple times, drinks lighter fluid, then sets himself on fire, commiyting suicide.

he gets sued. he closes/sells his PC and the clinic to someone else in Oct 2019. not clear why. maybe to avoid lawsuit/damages?

then of course he becomes a business guru and is marketing himself on how to go out on your own and set up your own clinic.

because he was so successful...

wonder if he includes on how to make people psychotic, or if he instructs his paid clientele how to shut down a clinic so as to not have to pay any potential lawsuit.

(of note, the Injection and Infusion Clinic of Albuquerque is run by someone completely different and seems to be appropriately run)

W
T
F

LOLOLOLOLOL

Reactions: 1 user
They charge a fortune for these infusions. And they aren't once a month. Much more often than that.. Several times a week.