Kicked or Wanting Out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

numberrronee

SebastiaN
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
the people that dont make it at dental schools is it mostly because they dont want to do it or is it because they kick you out. after all that work you should never get kicked out of school. i heard of remedial classes you might have to take but does any one know the causes? i can understand if u want to drop out but hey its not for everyone

Members don't see this ad.

the people that dont make it at dental schools is it mostly because they dont want to do it or is it because they kick you out. after all that work you should never get kicked out of school. i heard of remedial classes you might have to take but does any one know the causes? i can understand if u want to drop out but hey its not for everyone

From what I have heard and read, many students are not aware of the repetitive nature of the dental curriculum. Many students are bored, and start to slack off, perhapse expecting more "focused" courses related to dentistry. I have also heard that many students do not practice carving enough and they flunk out due to that. Some students may also be burned out? It could be for a number of reasons.

From what I have heard and read, many students are not aware of the repetitive nature of the dental curriculum. Many students are bored, and start to slack off, perhapse expecting more "focused" courses related to dentistry. I have also heard that many students do not practice carving enough and they flunk out due to that. Some students may also be burned out? It could be for a number of reasons.

I asked this on all my interviews...

The answer was generally: "There are usually anywhere from zero to a couple students per class who don't graduate for various reasons." These reasons begin maybe one student per class flunks, one person per class gets married and decides he or she doesn't want to be a dentist anymore, and maybe one person gets caught cheating and drops out/gets kicked out. In general though, people who are having a hard time academically will just stay an extra summer of fall semester to finish up.

cheating normally consists of people falsifying signatures for graduation requirements.