Know of any personal statement workshops in the bay area?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tissy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying in June and need help on my personal statement. Does anyone know of any personal statement workshops in the SF bay area? If not, do you have any pointers. Thanks a bunch!!

Members don't see this ad.

tissy said:
I will be applying in June and need help on my personal statement. Does anyone know of any personal statement workshops in the SF bay area? If not, do you have any pointers. Thanks a bunch!!

Try your schools english department, career center, or maybe find a professor you know for help. The career center at my school holds different workshops on interviewing and personal statements. Your school may have something similar. Also don't forget to search the SDN forum for helpful tips. There have been lots of good posts on this subject already. :)

Many of your writing professors will be glad to look over your personal statement. If you have a health professions writing class, take it or talk to the teacher, they would know how to make it stand out.

Good luck.

tissy said:

I wrote my own Personal statement but had hard time saying some things nice way. I used GavinC on this website and he was really helpful. he charges a small fee but it was worth every penny. I used it because I am bad at writing and english is my second language. You may not need him but it is a good source at affordable price.