Kudos to Fox for helping surface this. Food addiction is real.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pain Applicant1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Time we start talking about it more. If we can address this and increase exercise most chronic diseases will improve.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Doritos.

More additive than any other substance I have ever put in my body.

Reactions: 4 users
Wonder sometimes about Cheetos. But it is the taste or flavor that makes me unable to not finish a bag of Cheetos, not a sugar high etc. Basically I am a skinny person with the psych make up of a glutton. If I could get away with it I would never stop eating. To put it another way, I am just like my dog. Exercise, food, sex seem to be my primary pleasures (until they neuter me anyway).
Cant Touch This Super Bowl GIF by Cheetos
Chester Cheetah GIF by Cheetos

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
oh and even then....

maybe because i get news from UM, CNN was late too.

If I remember correctly duct thinks the major contributor of chronic disease and heart disease is some nebulous uncontrollable genetic and environmental influence instead of lifestyle choices ie diet and exercise contrary to the data which suggests it accounts for 80-90% of CAD

Remember, everyone is a victim, even the 400lb diabetic who drinks a 60 oz coke for breakfast and hasn’t exercised in 30 years. As your president would say, cmon man! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
you didnt read the article, did you.

to summarize - a certain group of people are addicted to food. telling people to make lifestyle choices will not help with food addiction.

do we just tell alcoholics "just stop drinking and you'll be fine"?

depends on the person and what sets them off, eh?

i personally am more likely to pig out on a bag of chiccarones or fat back than slim jims.

fwiw, thats the kind of snack food i grew up with.

cheetos are good. real movie theater popcorn.

B
So what happens now. Do certain foods get controlled or banned? Drugs are becoming less controlled and food more so. Interesting times.

The most addictive thing I've ever put in my body diet wise is ginger snaps. OMG...Can't do it. Second is a Charleston Chew and third is a Twizzler if I have a drink nearby (bite ends off Twizzler and use it as a straw until it gets cold, then eat it).

I love me a hot rock of crystal meth and a Newport too...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users